Ngk B6hs

WoW Thanks again.
I usually wait till the last minute to do stuff so anyway I added Office 2000 to my network server so I could keep my resources down to a bare minimum on my laptop.

Ok heres one for big red.
What the difference between a schmuck and a schmock?

Answear:
The schmuck has U in it and a schmock is Yidish and does'nt have a U in it.

Last edited:
you cant spell, you cant string a legible sentence together, you try and make excuses for your own inadequecies, then you have the audacity to attempt to tell other, more intelligent and obviously more educated people just how they should do things.

the xr650r is an old bike now, it might be fun, but its not as awesome as you seem to want us to think. want an old bike that will scare you? try an old kwaka triple 750...on the dirt! but i think you belong on a jailing 50. a monkey bike. and not even the genuine honda cause you dont deserve one. theyre precious.

the thing is, we really dont care. even though my writing this would say otherwise.

so far, every thing you have managed to say has resembled the sort of mindless inanities one would expect from a thousand monkeys typing for a thousand years or whatever it is...

now, ive had one infraction for likening someone to a gorilla.

this time im openly and blatantly calling you a moron. an ignorant...pig is too nice. i like pigs.

so, if admin gives me an infraction but lets some little upstart son of a ...there i go again, pig is far too nice...anyway, lets this little snotfaced brat continue on like this...im out :)

oh. i never used spellcheck in my life. i read a lot of books instead. its why i know WTF im talking about usually.

ok. so this being a forum for BICYCLES, lets get back to the treadlies shall we?

and, to further clarify, this section is for 2-STROKES. you do know what a 2-stroke is, dont you?

im highly sceptical :)

sorry i used a few big words in there somewhere...heres a link ;) http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

Last edited:
All I asked for was information about your source. I could search the web for day's and get a hundred different oppinions. You want me to read WHAT?
Just because you don't agree with what's said on this site is no reason to call people "heliosmuk's and EZ dumptruck crew" If you have a valid fact, show the source instead of simply claiming you know everything and everybody else is wrong.
You may very well be a RACING GOD, but most of us are just trying to put together a good solid road bike. So please,( Ya notice I did say please) A little less attitude and more Helpfull type of help. If you want to GO OFF on people, this is not the forum for that, try the white zone or combustion chamber. If you would like to express your opinion about what works for you, in this case spark plugs and such, Then an adult could do it without all the name calling. And if you want to show someone is wrong, SHOW THE SOURCE!. Otherwise, it's just your opininion.
(And dude, ever heard of spellcheck?)
Big Red.

Ok here it goes! Since the change in weather temperature or altitude or many other factors would make a more considerable change in a small 2-stroke engine, a wider heat range would be needed to adjust and make a difference.
Its so simple it follows under Yiddish Technology.
I would also like to add that since theres a Mohave dessert and places real hot youd need a significant cooler plug thus B7HS.
That raps up the need to be rid of B6HS only leaving B5HS and B7HS as the options for optimal performance.
See Ya Later!

Last edited:
Plugs

Ok here it goes! Since the change in weather temperature or altitude or many other factors would make a more considerable change in a small 2-stroke engine, a wider heat range would be needed to adjust and make a difference.
I would also like to add that since theres a Mohave dessert and places real hot youd need a significant cooler plug thus B7HS.
That raps up the need to be rid of B6HS only leaving B5HS and B7HS as the options for optimal performance.
See Ya Later!
All THREE plugs have their use. A hotter plug for a colder part of the country, and a colder plug if you live in Death Valley. But I live in a mild climate as many do. I NEVER said the B5 or B7 were wrong or would'nt work. All I EVER said is that the B6, being the middle plug, would work just fine in most cases. You seem to think that the B6 should NEVER be used or your engine might blow, or whatever. Been using it for over five years in my 2 strokes and not one problem. When I get a XR650 (yeah,right) Then I'll ask you what plug I should use. I'm pretty sure you'd tell me,(where to go.)
:giggle:
Big Red.
P.S. See, I KNEW you could do a post without calling someone a dumptruck.

Last edited:
since when

See Ya Later!

Are their Jews in Colorado ? Especially ones that lie during the 10 holy days.
Just kidding from a fellow yid..... Happy new year. lol :bowdown:

Taken right from the ngk website:
Go here for a ton more info.
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/p2.asp

The spark plug heat range has no relationship to the electrical energy transferred through the spark plug. The heat range of a spark plug is the range in which the plug works well thermally. The heat rating of each NGK spark plug is indicated by a number; lower numbers indicate a hotter type, higher numbers indicate a colder type.

The major structural difference affecting the heat rating is the length of the insulator nose. A hot type spark plug has a longer insulator nose. The insulator nose of a hotter spark plug has a longer distance between the firing tip of the insulator, and the point where insulator meets the metal shell. Therefore, the path for the dissipation of heat from the insulator nose to the cylinder head is longer and the firing end stays hotter. The insulator nose of a hotter spark plug also has a greater surface area that is exposed to more of the ignited gases and is easily heated to higher temperatures. A colder spark plug functions in an opposite manner.

The heat range must be carefully selected for proper spark plug thermal performance. If the heat range is not optimal, then serious trouble can be the result. The optimal firing end temperature is approximately between 500°C (932°F) and 800°C (1472°F). The two most common causes of spark plug problems are carbon fouling (< 450°C) and overheating (> 800°C).

The most serious result of selecting a heat range that is too hot is overheating. Overheating will cause the electrodes to wear quickly and can lead to pre-ignition. Pre-ignition occurs when the air-fuel mixture is ignited by a hot object/area in the combustion chamber before the timed spark event occurs. When the spark plug firing end (tip) temperature exceeds 800°C, pre-ignition originating from the overheated insulator ceramic can occur. Pre-ignition will dramatically raise the cylinder temperature and pressure and can cause serious and expensive engine damage. When inspecting a spark plug that has experienced overheating or pre-ignition, blistering on the ceramic insulator and/or melted electrodes can sometimes be found.

As a general guideline, among identical spark plug types, the difference in tip temperature from one heat range to the next is approximately 70°C to 100°C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back