One of a kind 4 stroke

you can never "not afford" a lathe. or a bandsaw!

my two most vital tools!

b/saw blew its motor. won a 1.5hp on fleabay to replace it.

realised my lathes 3/4hp is better suited to the b/saw, so now the lathes waiting for a 1.5hp motor to arrive :) hopefully now it will get to full speed :) but oh yeah! bandsaw runs again, back to making benches and stuff! and it doesnt stall and burn out its motor halfway through a cut neither :p

did i mention i have two lathes? a big sucker and a lil baby i have to convert to cnc one day... i couldnt handle life without one anymore!

the problem is tooling. that stuff can cost a fortune. and you have to keep it organised or you spend all day doing what i do....searching :eek: this goes for jigs etc too... theres never enough shelves! and when you have to swap bolts from this one to that one every ten minutes...

now, how to actually make a profit without doing anything at all...hmmm

Even if I had the money, I've no place to put these tools. My last bit of lathe
work involved turning a shaft in my hand while cutting with a file. Time-consuming,
but you'd be surprised how precise one can get with such a primative method.
Mercedes used to train their machinist apprentices by having the make precision
parts using nothing but files. For the most part, I'm just an expert scrounger,
finding junk that will adapt to my purpose.

so in other words, the guy is a liar?
he says that he is the inventor and builder of this bike.
when someone says that they are the builder, you assume that all the parts were made by them.
any knucklehead can buy parts made by someone else and bolt them on, but that doesn't make them the builder....it makes them the assembler.

LOL, then the majority of us are knucklehead assemblers.

LOL again, there are only a handful of members here who actually "built" their bicycle frame.

So here we have a forum with 10 builders and 10,000 "assemblers".

It's all semantics.....builder.....assembler.:D

True story.....as I'm walking my bike home last night, a guy in a truck stopped and asked "How much you bought that bike for?"

"I built this bike." was my answer.

You guys are still on about this? Why the heck do you all care so much anyways? Mad because his skills are superior to yours? I know it's not because you have some form of proof that he's lying.

Me no bow down!
Me "assemble" bike just as good. Not be so complicated. UGH!
:rolleyes:

You so good build, why you walk bike home?

Last edited:
Builder?

Even if the guy simply bought the parts and "assembled" it, That still took skills and planning. I DO think he made it over complicated, but may have been his intention all along to show off his skills,(who's to say.)
I think there are some people, even on this site, that go a little too far trying to make their bikes "different". But thats OK too. I don't have to ride it or even like it. I say, To each his own.
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

Buy it?

LOL, then the majority of us are knucklehead assemblers.

LOL again, there are only a handful of members here who actually "built" their bicycle frame.

So here we have a forum with 10 builders and 10,000 "assemblers".

It's all semantics.....builder.....assembler.:D

True story.....as I'm walking my bike home last night, a guy in a truck stopped and asked "How much you bought that bike for?"

"I built this bike." was my answer.

I know the feeling 5-7, I get it all the time when riding my trike. Almost every time I take her out it's, Hey dude, where'd ya buy that bike. My answer to them is, You can't buy this bike son, ya gotta have me build it for ya. Then it's, D**n Dude, You built that?. OF COURSE I DID, I say as I'm handing them a business card. (HEY, things are slow, I need all I can get.)
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

You guys are still on about this? Why the heck do you all care so much anyways? Mad because his skills are superior to yours? I know it's not because you have some form of proof that he's lying.

Amen to that Cavi Mike. Too much bashing, zero technical discussion about the design. Always people trash talking. Whether a person is an assembler or a builder folks need a support system and a place to go where others encourage, discuss, in a positive manner.

I notice he has a few more vids with the bike running/riding.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JRRacing64?feature=watch#p/c/9934B1F62CF8B321/0/M73CZipUjCo

http://www.youtube.com/user/JRRacing64?feature=watch#p/c/9934B1F62CF8B321/1/6f7UwLTRjXc

If the guy says he built that bike, that's good enough for me. Props to him!
I thought the guy had built the Holy Grail (the left-handed derailleur).

Using wrong terminology? LOL, the guy's nervous on You-tube, which is understandable.

Last edited:
Back