Opinions on this frame modification for big battery electric bike?!

Watt meter carrying, licence checking, predatory pigs, that seem to terrorise the imagination of the mentally traumatised, are not in reality the most common hazard on a cycle path, or the 30mph roads that electric cyclists like to use as their routes.
The pig tend to....
Other than spell checking WTF is wrong with you?!?! Jesus, I hope you are just a s**tty drunk and just talking stupid crap. I have no desire to converse with the person that just wrote that bulls**t.

Other than spell checking WTF is wrong with you?!?! Jesus, I hope you are just a sh**ty drunk and just talking stupid crap. I have no desire to converse with the person that just wrote that bullsh*t.
Since you asked so nicely, I am extremely stimulated and chatty this month due to the effects of over ten weeks of total social isolation and the side effects of a prescription steroid medication called dexamethasone, which is essential for reducing the swelling associated with my extensive and very late stage brain tumors.

I am at extremely high risk of a sudden death from aneurysm if I don't keep up with the schedule. Doing that is difficult because these side effects are very psychoactive and even visually psychedelic. I have been requesting that they prescribe me something to reduce the speedfreakacidtripchewinglips thing, lol! 😅
I have to try to get on with it because I find it emotionally difficult when I'm crying in despair half the day. I rely to not be a morose or morbid terminally ill person because that is just no fun! And I'm a fun guy! 😁

I don't actually like it. I might sound like I am having fun but I am not. I'm just high. Feeling like I am straddling a jumbo jet in mid flight, all day, and then realise I am supposed to take another dose already 😫 or my brain swelling will not be kept in check for several hours, and I will very probably die without any chance to say goodbye to my family.😭😭😭💔💔💔

I have some time this summer to post a few personal comments and thoughts on my favourite friendly online forum communities, places where people help each other to do things and make their lives a bit better or just bit more fun, because we all deserve happiness (*except for the sociopaths) and we have only a very limited time on the planet. We want to make the most of it.
Leave some sick bike builds behind, perhaps. 😏🚲🏍🛵🦼🚲

Tbh not sure why you're here on motorbikes.com at all. Are you lost? 🦮

Also you can use the ignore button anytime. 🍌🦧

And I dont mean to boast but imho, my text editing is not bad for a smartphone user on strongly visually psychedelic meds and zero sleep for days! ✌🤪

If your gonna cut and weld that frame ya better know how to Tig weld I suggest you have an experienced tig welder weld that frame
Not a welding job for a rookie.

So, the actually modification will have no welds. I am doing it on the top tube, which should have compression stress on it from the rider/battery. The modification will use galvanized steel in the form of Ts, 90D elbows, and pipes to form a rectangle to wrap around the battery. All of these are threaded so I can use that to set the correct tensile strength against the cut top tube ends.

The thought is that the compression stress should transfer from the cut top tube ends into the galzanized steel modification/battery rectangle and back to the other cut end. I dunno in my mind this works. I am not going to do 30 foot jumps with this bike. Take a look at the diagram in my first post. Let me know your thoughts. You are right no way even if I were to learn how to weld would I be comfortable doing a job like this. Though yes, eventually I want to weld and do it properly.

In terms of legality, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Though I really dont ride above 30 mph anymore. You know the funny thing is here in my suburbs in SE Wisconsin people look at my ebike like it is a freakin spaceship though I do see more and more ebikes now on the trails. But, if you go to my states capital, Madison, a liberal progressive area due to big university, there are a TON of ebikes and bikes. And, there people would be just like pfft another ebike who cares. That being said, I watch Vortecks, a british high power ebike builder, with a 10kW+ hub with heat sinks all around and the hub is like the size of the entire wheel, and he attaches a 250W sticker on it! LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

okay, i wont spam too much longer but I will buy the bike tonight; saids there are 18 in stock so shouldn't be a problem. I just gotta decide on the color... Black or white. Will wait for it to arrive before deciding on battery (2kwH minimum). The battery is 60V (57.7V nominal) which is difficult to buy a hub for without going to China. I rather have a mid drive (cyclone, bafang, or cyc) but the battery gonna determine that. Ill start a new thread once I get the bike. Timeline will be something like this for those interested and documented in pictures and YT videos. I want to get this done right and fast as if I dont push myself it will be snowing when I get it done... :cautious:

- Tonight = Buy bike (white or black????)
- Week 1 = Bike arrives and mock up battery sizing 2 or 4 kwH
- Week 2 = Buy battery (batteries) and BMS (BMSs)
- Week 3,4 = Wire everything up and make secure battery box with leads
- Week 5 = Buy motor (mid or hub) and modify bike
- Week 6 = Attach motor (US mid or hub)
- Week 7 = Test and refine and done ;)
- Week 10 = If motor from China gonna be another month or so

So, looks like it will take about 2 months to complete so sometime in early August. I still have my old ebike, I will sell that once I get this one done and tested.

You cant spam your own thread. I'll shut up about mortality lol. I am enjoying being on the forum with all the summer projects to enthuse over. 🤣🍻

I think you might have to rethink the galvanized steel parts and look for something that is weldable. Obvs, just do as much of the fab as you can before you hand it over to a local welder.

So, the actually modification will have no welds. I am doing it on the top tube, which should have compression stress on it from the rider/battery. The modification will use galvanized steel in the form of Ts, 90D elbows, and pipes to form a rectangle to wrap around the battery. All of these are threaded so I can use that to set the correct tensile strength against the cut top tube ends.

The thought is that the compression stress should transfer from the cut top tube ends into the galzanized steel modification/battery rectangle and back to the other cut end. I dunno in my mind this works. I am not going to do 30 foot jumps with this bike. Take a look at the diagram in my first post. Let me know your thoughts. You are right no way even if I were to learn how to weld would I be comfortable doing a job like this. Though yes, eventually I want to weld and do it properly.
Cool, I hope this works for you I'm always interested in new ways of fabrication.

Other than spell checking WTF is wrong with you?!?! Jesus, I hope you are just a sh**ty drunk and just talking stupid crap. I have no desire to converse with the person that just wrote that bullsh*t.
When someone is dying, you do not act like a piece of sh i t Mr. Bassett.
You are very blessed that I cannot reach out and touch right now.

Back