Parts for in-frame gas tank build?

dparenti13

Local time
8:54 PM
Looking to buy an in-frame gas tank frame like this. I don't really know what other parts I need to make a complete bike. I'm looking for front suspension, possibly mag wheels (unless heavy duty spoked wheels are cheaper?), I don't need more than one gear, but I don't know what crank or other parts to get. Also will 160mm disc brakes be enough for speeds around 40? I'm really a noob when it comes to building bikes. My old frame was a road bike, with 1.25 in wide tires, and rim brakes. Looking for a more beefy build this time. Thanks in advance.

160 is the smallest disc. better next size up for front (or bigger.) when you need brakes, you NEED brakes lol

160 is the smallest disc. better next size up for front (or bigger.) when you need brakes, you NEED brakes lol
Yeah, I think I'm gonna get 180 or 200 mm if they sell those. I just don't know where to find good parts for the bike and what I need. Are mag wheels worth it?

yeah 180 was whst I was thinking. 203 is like the biggest normal one. peeps are saying stay away from mags tho unless need that look

I'm looking for 26" wheels with disc brake hubs and that are strong enough to handle high speeds, I can't seem to find any that aren't super expensive though, are 12 gauge spokes unnecessary?

it was a big search for my rims,, universal cycle has a lot of stuff and it's cheaper to build wheels, not hard. Sun rims are affordable, Def better than box store bikes come with. 35-75 each, spokes are $1 each. I bought made wheels first, 110 for a pair and I tore them up in 500 miles. 14g spokes 2 cross.
budget build probly easiest to get wheels from like mbrebel.com 60-75 each. she makes 12g wheels. not sure if they're disc

mtb rims are light and strong,, hope this helps n good luck with your project!

Back