Porting 49mm iron bore

Copygod69

Local time
11:45 AM
Just wanted to show some porting work that I did based off of a pre ported cylinder I have I should mention before you see anything my tools are limited and I suck at porting but tell me what you think I have tungsten carbide bit and a few stone bits

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 120
I also just did some port matching on the transfers on the case

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 124
Not too bad from what I can see. This type of work takes practice so don't focus so much on how good or bad it looks. Just focus on shaping. The rest comes with experience.

Golly gee whiz Gordy...All this work he did and now you want to see performance too???...lol...lol.

Your really getting pretty demanding these days ya know...lol...lol.
To be honest I really wanna see how it runs I think I might mess with the scavaging part of the transfers a little more so they angle toward the intake a bit more
Right now in the process In deciding weather I want to add another base gasket and run no head gasket or just use my brass head gasket either way this motor should purr Becuase it was purring before I ported it out to what it is now (I always take out the ridges in the iron bores but nothing more) but I widen the exhaust port and raised it and then took the ridges of the transfer ports (I need a degree wheel Becuase they transfer ceiling seems high already and and I am just wondering if I could better performance out of using jb weld to fill the space and have it angle to the back of the intake)

Using tungsten is a b**ch at the time I ended up having to switch the location of the ring pins to the exhaust side so the arrow points toward the intake cause I nicked the cylinder just perfectly

Not bad. Id like to see how it performs
I am still rebuilding the motor currently deciding a few things right now but once I get it up and running I’ll post a video I need some advice I think I am wondering if my time needs advanced/decreased or just throw a few bucks and get a jet pack cdi I am trying to get a solid hill climber while maintaining higher speeds
Does anyone know if any of these after market cdi actually have a timing curve?

Using tungsten is a b**ch at the time I ended up having to switch the location of the ring pins to the exhaust side so the arrow points toward the intake cause I nicked the cylinder just perfectly
You did what???

It does not matter whatsoever where the arrow is pointing, (Arrow is supposed to face exhaust, not intake IF ring pins located correctly), as long as the ring pins are located on the intake side.

Ring pins are NEVER on the exhaust side.

Back