Porting 49mm iron bore

I am not the newest but this Is the third cylinder I’ve ever ported and I did say I suck lol
He was pretty good at how he was telling you that there is such a thing as porting a cylinder, not gutting it like a fish, so it's live and learn time.

That cylinder is ruined by the way.

For your next cylinder, what you should do is ask for guidance as you are doing it in order to get some decent results now that you have gone through three cylinders already.

He was pretty good at how he was telling you that there is such a thing as porting a cylinder, not gutting it like a fish, so it's live and learn time.

For your next cylinder, what you should do is ask for guidance as you are doing it in order to get some decent results now that you have gone through three cylinders already.
I mean you are correct in asking for guidance that I should have done that from the start but I Would like think the open transfer ports isn’t a terrible idea as of my previous incident along with my freinds messed up casting (he’s also is running 49mm bore i ported it out similar to this but less aggressive he’s still running that motor just fine tho) he had a cracked transfer wall

This is the first one I’ve actually turned into a brick as far as I can tell

What my limited experience can contribute to this is a little goes a long ways. Clean it up, try it out, then carefully cut a tiny bit more and that is all. All this talk of degree wheels and exact port timing isn't the boys blowing smoke. Pun intended.

What my limited experience can contribute to this is a little goes a long ways. Clean it up, try it out, then carefully cut a tiny bit more and that is all. All this talk of degree wheels and exact port timing isn't the boys blowing smoke. Pun intended.
i am gonna finish rebuilding the motor hopefully tomorrow and then get it on my bike by thursday

I am still rebuilding the motor currently deciding a few things right now but once I get it up and running I’ll post a video I need some advice I think I am wondering if my time needs advanced/decreased or just throw a few bucks and get a jet pack cdi I am trying to get a solid hill climber while maintaining higher speeds
Does anyone know if any of these after market cdi actually have a timing curve?
Yeah, timing!

Back