Q-Matic drive sytem

Status
Not open for further replies.
the negativity is not helpfull :(
must be the long winter and not enough riding going on LOL

a ride a day keeps the bad karma away !!!

just trying to lighten the mood :)

ok, i saw more in this fast thread but i'm posting anyway

azbill said:
I have softened my stance and just want the same respect reciprocated
and i am way-ok with this. and quite appreciative. and i will do my best to do my part :)

EDIT: the "important" peeps saw what had been here, i'll hope it was heard with the same spirit as it was said with.

:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Neoelegancedesign,

Please note the person stirring up all the problems never wanted to purchase any EZM products but just wanted to cause trouble. Also note the person is now BANNED. We have never refused to give information about our products and have supplied information to anyone that asked serious questions. We have however reserved the right to ignor personal corporate finances & production questions, because the questions were way out of line, and were only asked to try to discredit our company [too bad it didn't work out].

There is a lot of information about EZM ratios, price, test results, and much more on this very site.

There are email addresses and phone numbers on the website, and I will and always have answered any questions asked. My email address is quincy163@yahoo.com, please feel free to ask any thing you wish about our drive systems or kits.

It appears many were satisified with our answers, because we are having a difficult time keeping up with all the orders. We have currently starting production run #5 and the orders are already exceeding the supply.

Please also note your last statement
"I'd hate to see how your ACTUAL customers are treated",
just for the record......... Please don't worry............. Just ask them........They all seem to be very happy with our products & service.

Our customers are happy, our dealers are happy, We at EZM are happy, we just hope everyone is having as much fun with thier motobikes.

Please feel free to call me direct, email me, or contact any of our authorized dealers if you have questions.

Have fun,

MY unsolicited two cents of thoughts....

I am going to back up Quenton. I don't care how many of whatever kind of transmission he or any other dealer sold. My first concern is that I get to see details of his product's quality. Detailed photographs will speak for the manufacturer. My second concern is how well he supports customers; I want to hear from other purchasers, not lookers.

When we customers get good quality products that endure and perform as advertised, even if we think they are expensive, we will say good things. Giving away "how many sold to date" is meaningless to me. I am concerned with only one number: the one I purchase. It is pretty small, insignificant to anyone except the manufacturer and me. That one unit means a lot for my project, not the one before nor after it.

I hope to order my one unit soon.
MikeJ

There is a lot of information about EZM ratios, price, test results, and much more on this very site.

That's all well and good. I'm sure the information is spread throughout MBc, but like nearly every forum on the internet, it usually requires sifting through mountains of useless banter just to find the information you're looking for. What I'd personally like to know though is why isn't the information on ratios, price, test results, possibly feedback from users, etc... on the EZM website? I know you prefer to sell the Q-Matic drives through your dealer network, but why not have the information available and add something to the effect of "For more information and to place an order, please contact your local EZ Motorbike Dealer (insert link to dealer list here)". As a small business owner myself, I don't want to tell you how to run your business (and apologize if this comes across as such), but (for me) it's always nice to see that the company I'm considering buying from has at least taken the time to share some information about their product on their website. A photo of a motorized bike taken from the opposite side of the transmission and a couple of non-embedded videos do little to describe the basics. Every company that has a website (that I've seen at least) includes photos of the product and basic specs for that product. Many don't sell directly to the public and instruct their visitors to contact their local dealer/distributor/retailer for price and order information. That's normal. I also understand that you don't want your product ripped off and made in China, but you might want to lift the shroud of mystery a little more without requiring people to contact you or sift through a forum to find out basic information. Right now all I really have to go on is your word and your dealer's word (mainly azbill) that the product is up to snuff. Of course any entirely US made product will beat out it's Chinese competitors in build quality 99.999% of the time. I don't doubt that your product is good if you are truly having trouble meeting demand, but it's always nice to see that the same care that goes into manufacturing is applied to marketing and promoting the product.

There are email addresses and phone numbers on the website, and I will and always have answered any questions asked. My email address is quincy163@yahoo.com, please feel free to ask any thing you wish about our drive systems or kits.

Thanks for that at least. I may contact you once I have a bit more liquid assets to spend. I'm still skeptical, but at least I'm not being ignored like a few posts from other members earlier in this thread were. Thank you.

All you have to do is hit the kink at the bottom of this post.
Jay

Thanks Jay. It's a shame you aren't my local EZ Motorbike dealer. Finally watched the video and the thing sounds pretty good. Unless it's against the EZM Dealer rules, if I do end up buying one, I'd probably buy it from you (just for the link with pictures and price).

Does anybody have any idea how well the Q-Matic works with the HD Freewheel axles with the thread on sprockets that bicycle-engines and a couple of the other Grubee dealers sell? I'm planning to get the axle kit within the next week and would be interested to know if I'll be able to still use it if I upgrade to the Q-Matic later on. Also, how easy would it be to put a v-belt pulley where the output sprocket is for total belt drive? Thanks again.

Does anybody have any idea how well the Q-Matic works with the HD Freewheel axles with the thread on sprockets that bicycle-engines and a couple of the other Grubee dealers sell? I'm planning to get the axle kit within the next week and would be interested to know if I'll be able to still use it if I upgrade to the Q-Matic later on. Also, how easy would it be to put a v-belt pulley where the output sprocket is for total belt drive? Thanks again.

I'm not aware of anyone trying the Q-Matic with the HD Freewheel axle and thread-on sprocket yet, but I cannot see any reason it can't be used with one.
The specific model of Max Torque clutch used in the Q-Matic is only made with the sprocket for a chain, however there are some ways to convert it to belt drive. My brother is working on one such conversion, and that is to replace the bell (with attached sprocket) of the standard clutch with that of another clutch (also made by Max Torque) of the same size that has the pulley attached for the belt drive. This is likely the more costly of the two conversion methods. The second method is a pulley adaptor that will bolt over the existing toothed sprocket. I believe a dealer In Arizona is working on that one.
The earlier Silent Drive (the manual clutch version that predated the Q-Matic) is easier to convert to belt drive, just by replacing the sprocket with a pulley and adding the sheave on the rear wheel. In fact, I have seen one such conversion already, and it is on one of Rustico Ray's bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back