Q-Matic drive sytem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious

Hey Kilroy, Any idea why my initial post to this thread (along with over 50 other posts) have been removed? Seems a little odd.

Hi GhostRider,

I can assure you this site doesn't "stack the deck" for EZM. In fact I have been awarded points several times for mentioning our company name in the wrong areas.

Hi NeoEleganceDesign,
Where in Ohio do you reside?
I am from Dayton [1945 to 1964]

Have fun,

Hi NeoEleganceDesign,
Where in Ohio do you reside?
I am from Dayton [1945 to 1964]

Have fun,

Be glad you left Dayton when you did. Just about every major US company that was in Dayton has either re-located or shut down within the last 15 years. Mead, AC Delco, Delphi, Fridgidaire, NCR, GM, and countless others are just empty buildings now. Gerstner & Sons makes most of their machinist tool boxes in China now. If Wright-Patt AFB and the University of Dayton weren't here, the entire city would probably be a slum. It's sad when the birthplace of Aviation, the cash register, the automobile starter, Project Bluebook, Project Paperclip, and the former machining capital of the world is now just another rust belt city. Just about the only industries left are government research and private national security firms.

HD Grubee freewheel axle

Thanks Jay. It's a shame you aren't my local EZ Motorbike dealer. Finally watched the video and the thing sounds pretty good. Unless it's against the EZM Dealer rules, if I do end up buying one, I'd probably buy it from you (just for the link with pictures and price).

Does anybody have any idea how well the Q-Matic works with the HD Freewheel axles with the thread on sprockets that bicycle-engines and a couple of the other Grubee dealers sell? I'm planning to get the axle kit within the next week and would be interested to know if I'll be able to still use it if I upgrade to the Q-Matic later on. Also, how easy would it be to put a v-belt pulley where the output sprocket is for total belt drive? Thanks again.

My Huffy cranbrook is now powered by the HS / Q matic which drives the HD grubee freewheel axle and 56 tooth sprocket. I recommend the HD axle for any motored bike. I'm not a fan of the clamp on the spoke stuff. I would like to have a 60t or maybe a 62t rear sprocket in the offering that can be quicky had. I know there is the custom machine shop version but off the shelf would be nice. Back to the HD hub---- There does not seem to be a lot of these hubs being used. For those considering the HD axle read my previous posts/threads on the grubee journey. http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=21652

My Album http://motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=958

PS the pedal side freewheel for awhile was a hard to find item. The grubee site said the freewheel was a standard item which is not true. Bicycle-engines.com now has the correct pedal side free wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
cleaned it up

Yes, I see that as well. One of the admins (not me) went through and did some tidying up.

Who cleaned it up and why?? All it looks like to me is that all post pointed out the bs ezm slings are gone.I don't care to here all your comments I just would like a answer.I was once going to buy a ezm kit, but like so many others where looking for some answers and all we got was a paragraph of nothing.I not here to argue back and forth about stuff so a simple answer from the mod. would be great.

MotoMagz

You lose.

I cleaned up this thread.

I had not been following it, or it would have been cleaned up a lot sooner. There appeared to be a concentrated effort on some folks' part to slam EZM, and in several cases, the person or persons doing the slamming may have had a vested interest in doing so. When I saw the state that it was in, I went through the whole thread, and yanked posts with flames, flame-bait, and too-heated responses. There wasn't ANY reason to keep 'em.

This forum is a place for vendors to announce new products, and/or answer technical questions about their products. It is not a WWF ring.

The idea that we are favoring EZM is also ridiculous. 23 of the posts deleted were posts by EZM folks. The only reason that a bunch of infractions weren't handed out was that I feel that we (the moderation staff) didn't crack down on the garp sooner.

If you have a problem with the moderation, take it off-line with the admins.

If you have a problem with a vendor, take it off-line with the vendor.

If you've bought a product, and have problems (or otherwise) with the vendor, Post about it in the vendor ratings.

More stuff like what has gone on here will receive infractions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back