raw motorbike easy auto chain tentioner and expansion chamber exhaust

wish that I could remember more

I meant to say is it safe to use this hose as an actual exhaust pipe or just to seal the connections of the exhaust pipe. also is it safe to heat wrap it. any one know the melting temp.

wish that I could remember more
because this was used on my first 2 wheel with motor
7 1/2 hp
bendable tubing
don't know much about it -- I was little -- 6 or 7
never gave any problems
and
I
rode the heck out of that THING

you can braze copper with brass brazing rods. Holds up in high temp and can be ground smooth with the copper and then painted with header paint to give it a smooth look. it is a cheap easy way to make it functional and look good!

I just finished the exhaust yesterday. I ended up using a 45* copper fitting off the header to a piece of 90* prebent conduit, I had to bend it a little more by heating it till it was cherry red. then I welded the expansion chamber on. I used the exhaust repair tape from the auto parts store to seal the connections at the brass fittings. Then wrapped it in heat wrap to hide the sealing tape. It looks cool I haven,t gotten to ride it yet because ti has bee' raining But it looks sunny out today.:D Ill let you know how things worked out and get some pics up later thanks for all the ideas

I tried the high temp epoxy weld for mufflers to join some copper exhaust parts and it would last about 30 minutes before pinholes started blowing in it followed by oil drips everywhere. I replaced it with some plumbing solder and ended glad I wasn't wearing flip-flops on the way home from work. Sprayed pinhead sized drops of molten lead all over my doc martins followed by exhaust oil.

the exhaust repair tape from the auto parts store with a secondary layer of heat wrap seams to have sealed the whole thing up good. only time will tell.

Back