Riding in the rain

if it's raining I put a foam prefilter over my carb. if it's dry just a screen to keep the big stuff out

I ride my motorcycle in the rain all the time and have always in the 45 years of none stop riding. If they cannot swim they are not much good. I have a GOOD Gor-tex rain suit. Weather has never stop me. I sure would make sure you have full fenders and if you have too brace or weld them where they will hold up. Yes I was young once and if you had a front fender you where not cool. To hell with being cool I rather be controllable and safe. I have all so ridden throw 3 hail storms and two tornations. But when you are 2 to 4k miles away from home you have no choice.

I am not a good one to ask:
251506_10150264951440803_8168824_n.jpg

That is me entering the water, trying to ride the hump. My front tires are 21" and the water is deeper.
Note the water up to the other quad's headlights.
252128_10150264952205803_3435927_n.jpg

A little fire and few smoked trout can make it all worth while:
248789_10150264951775803_1741601_n.jpg

Getting serious now, everyone's advice was pretty good except Headsmess.
Usually very reliable, he has obviously been drinking. It is the Queen's Birthday you know?
Well, not really but we celebrate it anyway.

Steve

Getting serious now, everyone's advice was pretty good except Headsmess.
Usually very reliable, he has obviously been drinking. It is the Queen's Birthday you know?
Well, not really but we celebrate it anyway.

Steve

wattya mean? whats wrong with wheel spins in the wet? its the ONLY way to ride!

i stand by the need for decent waterproof pants and footwear. nothing worse than wet underpants. and no matter how expensive they are, not many moto pants keep the water out! not when the rain resembles an ocean with slots cut in it... only once have i ever pulled over and waited due to rain.

though there have been times i gave up, and started riding through puddles and drains etc with my feet down, just to see how wet i could get... its okay when your heading home, to dry clothes and a shower... sucks when your heading to work.

god save the queen!

National-Absinthe-Day-March-5-1-1024x512.jpg

oh. maybe it was the reference to using slicks...

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/slicks.html
http://bicycles.stackexchange.com/q...o-ride-a-racing-road-bike-in-very-wet-weather

the second one raises a VERY GOOD POINT!

steer clear of painted lines and metal objects, they will always bring you unstuck.

so will timber, yep, theres at least three timber bridges in my area.

i have hydroplaned on a moto before, and my gawd, is it scary! teach me to let my front tyre to get down to 4psi before checking it!

so, also have your tyres well inflated.

Back