Riding Out Of Santa Cruz, Grubee Skyhawk 66cc

S1DESH0W

Local time
1:41 AM
So I just got my kit (a Greenline Mens Deluxe 24" Cruiser W/ the Grubee Skyhawk 66cc black motor). However I'm having issues with getting the motor to mount on the down pipe. the fame is too wide and I'm past the point of being able to return it. it came with a bracket to mount it if this happened but i don't have the tools to drill into my frame. If anyone knows of any other fixes or any local shops i could take it too id be very much indebted. Cheers and ride fast.

Hola s1deshow. Spooky Tooth sells a $8 U-bolt motor mount for bigger front down tubes which I bought and installed on my new project. I have had some issues w/ their HD wheel so I am not roadworthy yet. Therefore the mount has not yet been road tested by me. However I did mount my engine easily on my schwinn legacy using some repurposed schwinn handgrips for cushion and to fill space.(the ubolts were a little long and not threaded enuf for my frame) It all seems fine and dandy so far. You might try this option on your greenline.

Try to avoid drilling the frame. Use a fat tube mount from a vendor like Spookietoothcycles or make one yourself from a muffler clamp.

I had the same problem as you man, I ended up using a clamp to crush the tube into a move oval like shape without destroying the tube.:D

Back