RS-68 Question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChillyWilly, Aug 4, 2014.

  1. ChillyWilly

    ChillyWilly New Member

    So im reading that In FLORIDA you need a receipt for the engine so you can register it , but what happens if you dont have one because it was a gift?? , and all of our engines are advertised as 66cc/80cc fl law says it cannot exceed 50cc .now i remember reading somewhere about the mislabeling of the engine how some say 60cc but are actually 50cc when you convert it to US idk But if anyone can share their thoughts please.

  2. dougsr.874

    dougsr.874 Active Member

    If you don't have the paperwork & the correct engine then you CAN'T register it....what you now have it not a very good boat might say thanks to the people that are SO HAPPY about this new law...
  3. ChillyWilly

    ChillyWilly New Member

    Can someone explain this as well ??
    Dose this mean no SBP SHIFT KIT ?

    "with a power-drive system that functions directly or
    automatically without clutching or shifting gears by the operator after the drive system is engaged."
  4. LR Jerry

    LR Jerry Well-Known Member

    You are correct that the operator can't manually clutch or shift engine driven gears in Florida. Here in Tennessee we have an automatic transmission requirement. My bike uses a centrifugal clutch and shifts 5 gears automatically. For now it is a legal loophole.