Rubbing Chain Stay

FrizzleFried

Local time
8:36 PM
No matter what I do no matter how i setup the tensioner... my chain BAAAAARELY nicks on the chain stay. Enough that it's obviously taken the paint off...

What can I do? If I stick a piece of kevlar tape there... will that work? I'm not sure how "strong" Kevlar tape is to rubbing, etc...

No matter what I do no matter how i setup the tensioner... my chain BAAAAARELY nicks on the chain stay. Enough that it's obviously taken the paint off...

What can I do? If I stick a piece of kevlar tape there... will that work? I'm not sure how "strong" Kevlar tape is to rubbing, etc...
Have you ever stretched a frame? Mostly just the chain stays.

Not sure what you mean. I've done some tweaking at I have a tiny bit more room... but surely the chain will bang around and catch the stay.

Will Kevlar Tape prevent this? I've never used the stuff.

Oh, and I added a couple washers to left side of the rim... which seemed to help a little.

Not sure what you mean. I've done some tweaking at I have a tiny bit more room... but surely the chain will bang around and catch the stay.

Will Kevlar Tape prevent this? I've never used the stuff.

Oh, and I added a couple washers to left side of the rim... which seemed to help a little.
There is a couple of tutorials around on how to do that.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back