Sick Bike Parts dual range jackshaft gearing system

It appears that you have the White Industries Heavy Duty Freewheel Bearing system installed on your bike. If you do have it installed, it's one of the most important improvements you can get for the shift kit, after the "right hand side chain tensioner" and then the "left hand side chain tensioner".

That is correct I know that you and many others have already written on the quality of, "the White Industries Heavy Duty Freewheel Bearing system" and for good reason as it is bullet proof. I have viewed your many posts on, "the "right hand side chain tensioner" and then the "left hand side chain tensioner" and I will more than likely be incorporating those two products as well.

When your Dad and nephew see your arse being hauled up that hill using low range gearing, they will be totally mesmerized, and arms outstretched, they will make their way (with glazed eyes) to the computer; in a helpless manner; tapping the keyboard; entering their credit card details into the SickBikeParts website, for purchase of all the optional sprocket sizes, to give them low range gears.

They will be completely powerless to resist the magnetic attraction of low range gearing.

Once again you are correct and I am looking forward to assisting them with their installs as well, SickBikeParts is certainly one of my favorite websites.

Now if only SickBikeParts offered a GT LTS replica frame in heavy wall steel, and offered a billet reproduction Chinese 80cc 2-stroke bicycle engine and offered a set of front forks with twin disk brakes that are 10 inches in diameter and offered a combined electric start and generator system for the 80cc engine, and offered it's own bespoke (high strength) version of the Nuvinci Hub, it would be the ultimate website.

The day that they offer, "a set of front forks with twin disk brakes that are 10 inches in diameter," and all those other goodies SickBikeParts would not only be a favorite but also my home page.

The day that they offer, "a set of front forks with twin disk brakes that are 10 inches in diameter," and all those other goodies SickBikeParts would not only be a favorite but also my home page.

I agree.

We can only hope that the senior engineer and management staff at SickBikeParts read these comments.

Trust us we read and take note but some things just don't make good business sense like dual 10 inch discs or a custom billet 2 stroke engine. Only the very rich could afford these things and if you are very rich you probably aren't riding a motorized bicycle.

some things just don't make good business sense like dual 10 inch discs or a custom billet 2 stroke engine.

No, no, no, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That's not want i want to hear :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Only the very rich could afford these things and if you are very rich you probably aren't riding a motorized bicycle.

The reason i am not very rich is because i spend "all" my money on upgrading my motorized bicycle.
If i didn't have it in my life, i would be married; with children, and own investment properties and have business interests and be living a lot more comfortably.

SickBikeParts would just make my life easier if i could order a GT LTS replica frame in heavy wall steel, and offered a billet reproduction Chinese 80cc 2-stroke bicycle engine and offered a set of front forks with twin disk brakes that are 10 inches in diameter and offered a combined electric start and generator system for the 80cc engine, and offered it's own bespoke (high strength) version of the Nuvinci Hub.

I couldnt agree more Fabian. this hobby has become quite an addiction. I am living job to job upgrading my bike with all my earnings. It is not only my favorite hobby, it is also my mode of transportation. I hope it doesnt get impounded on me! I pretend to peddle as soon as I see a car. but I'm not fooling anybody.

I found a component which works like Fabian's chain "box" if you're interested. http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bionicon/cguide-v02-ec040588#features
bionicon-cguide-v02.jpg

Also I have to check but there may be a possibility to gain an extra 4.8mm clearance for a triple range by using the SBP spider too: Where the normal 48T bolts to the outside (or inside for single range) of the freewheel flange, the spider can be bolted in it's place. The spider is 4.8mm thick, and you can bolt the input chainring (standard bicycle one, not the solid SBP one) to the outside of that spider if it turns out that there is clearance, which depends on the angle of the crank arm whether there is clearance that far out from the centre. Haven't seen it tried yet and I don't own one to try it out on. I would like to just buy the parts and try this out, and the worst that can happen is it doesn't clear and I'll have to use a dual range instead.

I'm praying I can get the money (and not have to spend it immediately on other stuff lol!) within the next month, then I can stop annoying you all with my theorising! :p

Last edited:
Just a bit of an update on my dual range jackshaft gearing system. After installing a new KMC 8X-CHAIN I took her for a test ride and during my first attempt in low range 1st gear, 24 tooth chain ring sprocket 32 tooth freewheel sprocket, I DID A SLAP WHEELIE :D by simply applying one half throttle. For a second there I thought I would be guilty of "Whiskey Throttle" but I was able to regain control of the beast. With this setup I find the torque to be simply amazing and I have no doubt that i will be able to climb any incline I attempt. So Fabian I have to admit you are right I am all :D.

Back