Slick 50 testings

AC
I cannot tell the difference when there is dirty conventional oil, or a fresh fill of Mobil 1.

Some of us can AC, fresh oil in a car has a certain feel about it for a while.
In one of my "you beut" cars I had long time ago, I only used Valivoline LP Gas engine oil, but it did not run on LP gas, I just wanted THAT oil in THAT engine for reasons too much to explain right now. It had a differant feel straight after the oil change than other oils. Less metalicy noisy type of thing and it was the only oil that eliminated a hydraulic lifter tapping. When the lifter tapping noise came back, I changed the oil again, usually after 5000 miles.

I knew of all these additives etc etc at the time to, and never used any to eliminate noises and make it "go better" cos the cost was not justified, at the time. And if noises are present, it's mechanical failure, wear or tear.

But on this HT test, why not ?
and these are the findings, it felt OK at WOT, unlike before the Slick.
It's commonm sense to say, and or to imagine, some of this stuff will have positive lube effect.
It's lke if ya rev the HT on WOT and let go of the throttle grip, you know your own engine how long it takes to swing back to idle, then one knows if that rev up is done again after using Slick, after a ride so it sets in, it takes a second or so longer to swing back than it did before the Slick.
Also, my hill climbs as describe earlier seem to sustain a higher rev range. It did not have that typical 50cc HT "fade" as much under that particular load, (hill climb), I travel on at least 3-4 times a week.

Scientific tests are great to, but it's all in a lab environment or simulated conditions.
I don't think these people are going to bother doing a full on test on these engines either.
We here are the best we have to do our own...,

My opinions are based on facts provided by the FTC and Consumers Union. They say all of these oil treatments and fuel savers are junk.

We are THING union, and mountainman is president !
Point is, your union has not tested a HT

Last edited:
all old and new engines are not created equally.
so tests will differ. i do know, however, if teflon based oil gets burned in 2 stroke engines, it will release very toxic gasses. same thing using napthaline "moth balls" for an oxygenator for gasoline, would totally suck for the driver behind in stop and go traffic. but its the excitement people get when they experiment with fuels and oils that keeps the spirit alive. stick with what works. :)

Back