Sportsman Flyer Board Tracker Replica Build

Brett..This guy does Beautiful Work. He is well worth studying...not just glancing over.

If you are looking for the finest custom front forks made, do a search for John Brain...I did one for you and came up with:

Http://www.bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/brainfork.html

Altho, this showcases mostly his 'chopper' front forks', that is not all he does. He makes a fantastic front suspension fork for anything...Look over his examples:

bikerodnkustom3.homestead.com/brain fork.html

And there are more if you will google him.

cool. thanks.

Im doin the frame, tank, & toolbox in satin black.
Here's the tank.
The plan is for grips,pedals & tyres to be white.

Attachments

• btr tank.jpg
    btr tank.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 932
currently at a standstill.
headset supplied by Sportsman Flyer didnt have a fork crown race in the set.
The springer forks I bought need one.
went to local bike shop, they said the fork crown race is only available in a set, so they would have to order in.
gonna try the other bike shop that is lacing my wheels, tommorow, to see if they have a spare one.
i think the moral of the story is:
make sure you get a full headset !
I put the seat on, so at least I got something done on it today.

Attachments

• seat on.jpg
    seat on.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 938
Last edited:
got a fork crown race.
the fork bracket of the generic springer fork, sits too high on the steerer tube. when you push it down further it sits at an angle, even when you loosen up the springer parts. so the engineer is making me a spacer to sit between the fork bracket & the crown race/washer.

Attachments

• fork install.jpg
    fork install.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • fork setup.jpg
    fork setup.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,138
I eventually want to go with a springer fork on my Worksman. I'm going to watch this thread regarding the modification you have to do to make it fit right.

Ok RedBaronX, here it is, machined outta stainless by the local engineer. 1 " ID, 35mm OD, 18mm high

Attachments

• spacer 4 fork.jpg
    spacer 4 fork.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 904
Back