Stinger Length?

Alright, the https://crmachine.com/shop?olsPage=products/kx-style-fire-breather-header-kit-1-18-tube
is on its way!! :)

Ok FOTI, now i'll make the silicone gasket from the brownie pan :p

I really want to try one of those O2 sensor gaskets though :unsure:

We'll see in time i guess!

I lengthened the straight header pipe again, i have no need to go over 29-30mph lol

This low speed get up and go is really fun and crazy awesome!

I thought i needed to get up to 35'ish but nah, i'm good cruisin at 20 then up to 29 'ish lol

I guess the next mod will be the 50 something clutch bearing upgrade: https://motoredbikes.com/threads/why-only-cg-builds.54513/page-3

Besides fishing with my kid and walking with my wife, this is the best hobby i could have.

just leaving notes to self here.

look into toyota O2 sensor gasket.

After crmachine 1 1/8" Flange and first tube install, fit and tune rest of header pipe into modded SBP expansion chamber.

"Use/Try short exit tube chamber First with 3/4" briggs cigar unrestricted muffler" Will it work? :unsure:
Should probably just stick with 1" briggs muffler that am using now though .. hmmmm...

SEALALL, check temps on this stuff.

just leaving notes to self here.

look into toyota O2 sensor gasket.

After crmachine 1 1/8" Flange and first tube install, fit and tune rest of header pipe into modded SBP expansion chamber.

"Use/Try short exit tube chamber First with 3/4" briggs cigar unrestricted muffler" Will it work? :unsure:
Should probably just stick with 1" briggs muffler that am using now though .. hmmmm...

SEALALL, check temps on this stuff.
Fred's Fire breather is rectangled shape I believe and then won't be a good match to the 02 sensor gasket,Furry's silicon brownie pan would be able to be matched better to it and the flange.

I don't want to recommend the silicone baking tray exhaust gasket for high performance builds where you've put lots of time, effort and money into making the exhaust flow really smoothly.

I have not tried the alternatives. I only know that it does seal my exhaust and its very cheap and easy. Its what I had available hen I needed to replace the stock kit (rusty metal and cardboard) gasket.

I already mentioned the silicone does squish out a little when it's clamped tightly and therefore you'll need to check this on your spare cylinder before deciding if it's what you want on your engine.
On mine there is a step where the exhaust flange is a bit smaller than the port in the cylinder, so the silicone gasket on mine doesn't need to be perfectly flush, just somewhere between the two. I'm sure there are other materials that will do the job, probably better.
I might try some other, more conventional, materials when I have a flange that actually matches the port.

I don't want to recommend the silicone baking tray exhaust gasket for high performance builds where you've put lots of time, effort and money into making the exhaust flow really smoothly.

I have not tried the alternatives. I only know that it does seal my exhaust and its very cheap and easy. Its what I had available hen I needed to replace the stock kit (rusty metal and cardboard) gasket.

I already mentioned the silicone does squish out a little when it's clamped tightly and therefore you'll need to check this on your spare cylinder before deciding if it's what you want on your engine.
On mine there is a step where the exhaust flange is a bit smaller than the port in the cylinder, so the silicone gasket on mine doesn't need to be perfectly flush, just somewhere between the two. I'm sure there are other materials that will do the job, probably better.
I might try some other, more conventional, materials when I have a flange that actually matches the port.
If it holds and doesn't burn up on your's being a bit more restricted worth a try for the price no? big killer of gasket's is movement of any type,if it's tight and sealed you're good.

If it holds and doesn't burn up on your's being a bit more restricted worth a try for the price no? big killer of gasket's is movement of any type,if it's tight and sealed you're good.
Oh yeah it definitely does work. It seals and it's really easy to cut out, and one baking tray is enough to make a couple of dozen so it costs almost nothing. Spares will not be damaged by being kept in the toolbag. I'm very happy with mine.

But we started talking about this before HP put a load of work into getting his tuned pipe perfected. I have no reason to worry about it invading the aperture of the port and flange/header. I don't have a smooth laminar flow along the walls of the exhaust port/header in the first place.
If I had spent time matching my port to flange/header, polishing my exhaust port, etc. then I would want to have a gasket that exactly matches and cannot protrude and ruin the smooth flow. So I'm advising to check it on a spare cylinder, where you can test it with a finger.. Umm.. In a way that will remind you of your youth. :LOL:

Fred's Fire breather is rectangled shape I believe and then won't be a good match to the 02 sensor gasket,Furry's silicon brownie pan would be able to be matched better to it and the flange.

Looks from the pics to be round.
We'll see when it arrives i guess, but it really does look round :unsure:

So, FOTI, i checked the squidge on another cylinder and that didn't look bad at all.

I cut the hole a bit larger so yeah it does squidge a bit but looks and feels good so far..gonna give it a go.

Just waiting on the KX type header flange and 3" tube to get ehre from Fred.

Ok, not sure if Fred sends a gasket or not with the kx style header flange and 3" tube.
I have a few aluminum gaskets so i modded one as close as i can get lol
It matches the inside diameter so close but can't quite get the full 1 1/8" out of it or there will be NOTHING left to bite onto my cylinder LOL

So, i got it as close as i could, there is not much even left of the aluminum gasket so i am going to give it 5 coats of high temp
grill paint today and 5 more tomorrow, hopefully that will get some sort of seal.

:unsure:

Got the KX style header flange and some springs and a pipe from Fred.

All i used is the actual Flange, had to make everything fit properly for my setup.
Matched Freds header flange to my cylinder, since i widened the port and what not. Everything seems to fit tighter, air leaks?

No gasket, just painted the cylinder exhaust port face and painted the Fred KX style
header flange, the side that goes onto the cylinder.
I forgot that i had done that with the stock flange and everything worked well so i am not going to fix it lol

I was able to get a bit more hogged out of the Fred KX style header flange than i was with the stock one,
but not that much so i really at this point do not expect to see any changes

@Street Ryderz i see what you meant about it being rectangle, was actually smaller than my cylinder exhaust port opening, fixxed that first lol

I guess i'll give it a test ride tomorrow

So this flange from Fred, from what i gather it seems to be more of an extension of the cylinder exhaust port instead of an exhaust flange.
So this would be like the Xport extension?

IMG_20190323_064043[1].jpg

IMG_20190323_064023[1].jpg

Everything fits really tight together and has less leaks than any other CG engine setup i've had lol

Tops out at 31+'ish lol
Thinking I might need to lengthen the straight header pipe again up to 14" and see, right now it's at 12 1/2" length.

It runs very well though and seems to breathe better.

LET'S🚴‍♂️ RIDE!

Back