Trek 4500/ GP460 now Staton 18.75 Drive

onward and upward,

the UPS man came today 4 clander days ahead of schedual. so i have my clutch drum in the box, the box mounted to the engine, 16T freewheel sprocket on, the first version of the motor mounts built, found wanting and a new one for the box side of the engine in the works.

the new mount will be in the same place and arrangement but instead of being 1x 1-1/2 on edge it's going to be 1x1 like the other side and the 3/8 hole moved to the extreem top and bottom inside walls of the tubes. this will still provide a solid, flat and level arrangement and provide some extra clearancet to get the whole thing down lower. when i get some more pics you'll see why it's important.

no biggy, until you have something solid to work with and evaluate it's hard too see every detail. as it is i was able to atleast get the engine and box in basic position. the whole thing will be moving down at least 2" fom the present pics and possibly back some, i'll have to see after i remount it.

wasn't trying for detail in the pics just some reference shots to show where it's headed.

more later,
steve

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    IMG_0753.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 229
OK,

i moded my Dom. pipe and got the clearance i needed along with a nice kick in power in the mid-topend.

THAT WAS BAD , cause it was due to change in the reversion wave timing in that rpm range which altered the EFFECTIVE A/F ratio too LEAN and i burned the cylinder and piston.

SO, if you think of doing something similar, MAKE SURE you adjust your fuel metering screws !!

you will be much safer cutting the pipe apart and rewelding it.

i'll have some more pics of the verticle drive setup tonight.

steve

Ouch. Gonna go with another gp460? Repair yours? Wow I am glad I do not have my complete kit yet.

I think I am going to go with a stock exhaust if my friend is unwilling to do the welds for me.

OK, here ya go, this is the final configuration, ie the best chain line, staright and level front to back and side to side alignment i have been able to manage.

while i'm rebuilding the engine i will be cleaning everything up and makin it purdy.

more later,
steve

Attachments

• IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 203
Ouch. Gonna go with another gp460? Repair yours? Wow I am glad I do not have my complete kit yet.

I think I am going to go with a stock exhaust if my friend is unwilling to do the welds for me.

appye if you proceed with the pipe mod with great exactitude you will be fine. if you don't do it, let me know, i want first dibs on your Dom.

rebuilding mine.

steve

It is worth consideration. Do you have a stock exhaust that points downward and has enough of a tailpipe for me to attach some tubing? Perhaps we can work something out.

I Was Just Thinking. Even If The Exhaust Points At Me, As Long As It Gas A Long Enough Tail Pipe I Can Probably Work With It. . .

Back