What would your dream build consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info, I'll do the research and look into the parts. I'm selling my car & putting some of the money towards a build and suggestions like yours will come in handy. I figure by the time I'm able to drive again (I have a broken leg from a MB accident) it'll be winter and I'll just use the truck. Might as well have something fun for next summer. I'm going with a quality braking system so any suggestions in that area are also appreciated.
hydraulic disc brakes will always beat cable brakes, beyond that it's just about getting the adjustments right.

Not to go over the top in terms of price and I know many folks here have different price ranges, but I would go with a 79cc HF Predator in-frame back to a jackshaft to SBP freewheel and rear sprocket with an oversize 1st and/or 2nd gear. The bike should be mountain style (red) with front and rear forks/shocks and disc brakes with an oversize long seat that allows you to tuck in (get that racing feel and speed). I would also try to fabricate or buy side fairings to protect and hide engine in rain and make it aerodynamic and sleek looking.

Rusty could provide a link or other info on the motor your referring to?

Sure.

http://shop.crmachine.com/product.s...6.p3plqscsfapp002?productId=131&categoryId=18

Info is as follows

For those who simply want a reliable engine that can bring you to speeds up to 45 MPH, the MPG-38 engine may be the best choice for you.

This motor is designed to out perform stock, out of the box motors in every way, and is designed to run the STOCK exhaust pipe (or other non-expansion chamber exhausts).

This GT-5 type engine gets excellent port job, designed to get the most out of a stock exhaust system; low speed torque.

High compression Fred Head enhances gas mileagle.

The MPG-38 maximizes low speed torque, not high RPM HP.

The new MPG-38 engine replaces the older model MPG engine.

Based on the torquey GT-5 geometry, this engine is designed for economy and reliability.

Special cylinder and porting is designed to work well within the limitations of stock or straight pipe exhaust systems.

Useable power is from 1,800 - 7,000 RPM, making this engine excellent for simple, single speed drivetrain.

Reliability is insured because engine operating speeds are in the low speed range.The nicely made crankshaft is precision balanced at CR Machine.

The recommended cylinder head is the 5.0cc model.

If you are operating the engine in a very hot climate, you can select the 5.5 or 6.0cc cylinder head.

The use of smaller rear sprockets (30-36 tooth) will allow your MPG-38 engine to comfortably hum along at low engine speeds.

Use 40:1 fuel/oil ratio

Comes with spark plug, NT carburetor, throttle cable and extra jets.

For an additional $100, get the crankshaft precision balanced!

Now available with entire bicycle kit for additional $30.00

Look into motopeds, might be a lil over $2k but I think most of us want one. https://motoped.com
I love the look of these Motopeds! I'm seriously considering one. I would prefer I higher top speed, somewhere around 50 mph just for when I want to get there, not as a cruising speed. There's so many options out there it's difficult to narrow down the quality parts. This thread has given me serious food for thought.

Ok fellas a lot of dream builds have been suggested and that's helpful for my eventual build. Let me ask this, what Expansion Chamber would you guys go with?

Most motopeds are running 49-125cc 4 stroke dirtbike engines so no need for an expansion chamber. Theres a guy in my town with the motoped survival black ops with a 140cc piranha 4 stroke engine and says he can do 75mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back