What would your dream build consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe, i am wrong but i think there are many legal hurdles with motopeds being street legal. even more than motorized bicycles. i guess it depends by state. crazydan yeh i saw that 146cc video many times. it looks so fun but also dangerous

A 49cc lifan single speed would keep it legal, just keep a 140cc 4 speed lying around for occasional offroad fun.

Although thinking about it, only reason motorized bicycles remain classified as bicycles is because it started life as one and wasn't manufactured as a motorized vehicle. The motoped frames (and possibly built-in tank frames) were designed with a motor in mind, which would probably legally put them in the moped category.

Although thinking about it, only reason motorized bicycles remain classified as bicycles is because it started life as one and wasn't manufactured as a motorized vehicle. The motoped frames (and possibly in tank frames) were designed with a motor in mind, which would probably legally put them in the moped category.
I think it's the same as motorizing a shopping cart, if you look like you'll get killed you'll probably get pulled over, slow carts are OK though, and motorized cases of beer are apparently semi-acceptable in Germany. That's life I guess.

Although thinking about it, only reason motorized bicycles remain classified as bicycles is because it started life as one and wasn't manufactured as a motorized vehicle. The motoped frames (and possibly built-in tank frames) were designed with a motor in mind, which would probably legally put them in the moped category.

But it really depends on if your local DMV will even register it. I know here in Texas the DMV will not register a bicycle as it does not have a VIN.

In the end I agree that this is the reason why many of us are doing this vs mopeds and others is because these operate in a gray area of the law where they are street legal without licensing and paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back