lets go with 125cc,
heavier rims and spokes,
hydraulic disk brakes,
extra gas capacity,
big butt padded seat,
charging system and lights,

I've done it!

full

I didn't bother with rotating pedals. It seemed redundant...

So let's see,
fancy European 2 stroke,
lets go with 125cc,
heavier rims and spokes,
hydraulic disk brakes,
extra gas capacity,
big butt padded seat,
charging system and lights,

I've done it!

full

I didn't bother with rotating pedals. It seemed redundant...
Thats not a bicycle!!! We've been keeping it bicycle and you killed it :eek:.

Thats not a bicycle!!! We've been keeping it bicycle and you killed it :eek:.
Good point CrazyDan. While I'm using the term "dream build" I did hope those who offered their ideas kept it strictly to Motor Bikes. I'm basically borrowing the ideas of others as consideration for my own build. But that being said I have to give Steve Best a thumbs up on such a great build even though it's not a MB.

Most motopeds are running 49-125cc 4 stroke dirtbike engines so no need for an expansion chamber. Theres a guy in my town with the motoped survival black ops with a 140cc piranha 4 stroke engine and says he can do 75mph.
With the bigger cc and higher speeds do you know if the guy in your town purchased additional upgrades like tires or brakes to match those higher mph?

I know the answer to this may be quite lengthy but I always wondered what others dream build would consist of?? Even if you can list a dream part or two that'd be great! Would you go with a Grubee frame with the built in tank, maybe a chopper build? 2-cycle or a 4-cycle motor? How about the expansion chamber or frame? Please feel free to share!

I think my dream build would consist of a steel sportsman flyer frame in gloss black, a 200cc Honda 4 stroke (for reliability) & Qmatic transmission hooked up to a jackshaft shift kit soI can get some speeds, in frame sportsman fuel tank, fat tires ether 3 or 4 wide on 26 or maybe even 29 wheels & chrome ape hanger handle bars, motorcycle street legal lights, front panner rack & rear Topeak exporter MTX quick track rack. Also front & rear disk brakes & front suspension fork & spring comfort seat. My desired top speed for my dream build would be between 60 to 70 mph.

Something like this would be way beyond my budget for a build but thats why we call it a dream build. Easily in the $3,000 to $4,000 price range & most I can spend on a decent build is $500 to $600 at most & I'm typically below that. Althoug my most expencive buils I think was my Staton Inc. 35cc Honda Friction drive which I think was about $1,000 including bike & motor kit (bike was $600 & motor kit was $400)

Last edited:
I think my dream build would consist of a steel sportsman flyer frame in gloss black, a 200cc Honda 4 stroke (for reliability) & Qmatic transmission hooked up to a jackshaft shift kit soI can get some speeds, in frame sportsman fuel tank, fat tires ether 3 or 4 wide on 26 or maybe even 29 wheels & chrome ape hanger handle bars, motorcycle street legal lights, front panner rack & rear Topeak exporter MTX quick track rack. Also front & rear disk brakes & front suspension fork & spring comfort seat. My desired top speed for my dream build would be between 60 to 70 mph.

Something like this would be way beyond my budget for a build but thats why we call it a dream build. Easily in the $3,000 to $4,000 price range & most I can spend on a decent build is $500 to $600 at most & I'm typically below that. Althoug my most expencive buils I think was my Staton Inc. 35cc Honda Friction drive which I think was about $1,000 including bike & motor kit (bike was $600 & motor kit was $400)

If you spread the cost out over time you don't notice it that much. Ive spread mine out on my bike build and I am not finished and I am already at $1,124.58 as of today. Didn't seem like that much since Ive been buying parts since June.

I think some of these dreams have exceeded the motorized bicycle category. Turning bicycles in to motorized bicycles is one thing, but turning bicycles into motorcycles requires more than adding an engine to a pile of bicycle parts. These can go from having a good time to a "Hold my beer watch this" moment in less time than most think. The graveyards are full of those "hold my beer" moments.

These accidents, also get the attention of the authorities, it only takes a few "mistakes" to get some legislature involved. The next thing you know you have a lot of "motorized" bicycle legislation going in a few state capitols, and then it will spread from state to state.

$329 on amazon. Its an ok motor but my dream build wouldn't be using a 5.5hp pressure washer engine. A purpose built 4 stroke dirtbike/scooter engine capable of 8-9k rpm would be the money ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back