What's up with the Ambassador?

PA50 Manual

Try this for the PA50 manual:

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_cat.php?fldAuto=2

I like the upgrades to the whizzer line that the Ambassador represents (better seat, disc brakes, potentially better tires). and I do like its style. and, I thank Quenton for pointing out all of the downsides with the implementation of it (it's just too bad they didn't get it right because I think it looks great and really had great potential).

So I guess its going to be a wait and see...

I should be done with my Honda moped by the time they get everything worked out. I was surprised to find out that there is only one company producing new mopeds for sale in the US. I believe the Ambassador is considered a moped too. I was also surprised to find out that you don't need to buy tags each year. You only have to buy the plate once and that's it for life. I like that..

The Ambassador is titled as a motorcycle, not a moped. The 138 CC motor with over 4 HP exceeds the size or HP limit in most states to be classified as a moped. If you live in CA the HP limit is 2 HP, but as of now the Ambassador hasn't passed CARB approval for sale in CA. Hopefully it will eventually pass the CARB test, but will still be classed as a motorcycle in CA because of the HP rating.

Have fun,
Quenton

Hey Egor:

"Also if it has the same problems that the NE5 has that would also be a turn off."

What did you mean by this, Dave...what problems with the NE5?

HAL

Ambassador

I was at Quenton's house yesterday (eat your hearts out) & rode an Ambassador and rode some of his other bikes too. The Ambassador was terrible!! It wouldn't go over 40 mph & he did mods to the engine. I told him it was like a motorcycle that wasn't running right, not a Whizzer. Before I'd buy one I'd buy a motorcycle. It would be much faster, would ride better and be more reliable (that's another story). Here's a pic. It isn't even nice looking, but that's just my opinion.

Attachments

• Visit to Quenton 001.jpg
    Visit to Quenton 001.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 248
Darn, I was hoping that the CVT was going to add to the performance. I like the way it looks without the cover over the parts, better than with it in place. I have to say that there is a litany of things that need to be done to make the Whizzer work as well as it looks. The best person to list the necessary mods is Quinton, all the suggestions he has made are all implemented on my NE5. Have fun, Dave

I saw the picks of new NE posted here. I think the new NE looks terrible. The reason for getting one was the look which they seemed to have lost. Not it looks more like a motorcycle. If I wanted a motorcycle I would buy one. I certainly wouldn't buy one of those things.

Tradition

Hi Info, well the good news is, you are not all that far from me, and I have a 2008 Black NE for sale.

Hmmmmmm

Mike

Back