Which bikes are best?

Vintage_sk8er

Local time
7:58 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to owning a motorized bicycle, and to do this forum. I have a 2 stroke 80cc motor on a huffy Cranbrook cruiser bike. My coaster brake arm stopped working so I had it removed, but I'm curious which bicycles work better for motor kits and which bikes have good disc brakes that are affordable. Or is there any brakes that can be added on to cruiser bicycles besides caliper brakes?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
My coaster brake arm stopped working so I had it removed,
Hi Vintage_sk8er
So you have no brakes at the moment?
Are you thinking about another Bike build?
Is that why ya want to know which bikes are better?

I saw this bike by www.bbrtuning.com for $499 Its got everything ya need except the motor kit. WWW.bikebarry.com
Here's another one by www.sportsmanflyer.com I like these

Maybe ya should just fix what ya got and add a brake to the front wheel.

I have no advice on which Disc Brakes to put on your bike. That can be kinda tricky and dangerous if ya don't know what your doing.
Hopefully one of the 2 Stroke Masters will chime in and give ya some advice on Disc Brakes.

The picture is of the BBR Tuning Bike from Bike Barry

Attachments

• DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 145
Hi guys, I'm new to owning a motorized bicycle, and to do this forum. I have a 2 stroke 80cc motor on a huffy Cranbrook cruiser bike. My coaster brake arm stopped working so I had it removed, but I'm curious which bicycles work better for motor kits and which bikes have good disc brakes that are affordable. Or is there any brakes that can be added on to cruiser bicycles besides caliper brakes?

Any input would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 92147
well, firs things first, id ether remove those fenders or do what i did to reinforce them
becuase there known to snap off at the wrong time and cause LOTS of damage. (first hand experience)

i like cruiser bikes as there geometry is quite relaxed, and they have lots of room to stuff big engines in them.
and a good set of bmx style u brakes work good for a stock build.

well, firs things first, id ether remove those fenders or do what i did to reinforce them
becuase there known to snap off at the wrong time and cause LOTS of damage. (first hand experience)

i like cruiser bikes as there geometry is quite relaxed, and they have lots of room to stuff big engines in them.
and a good set of bmx style u brakes work good for a stock build.
Yes I got rid of the fenders was told that would become a problem so I quickly tore them off.

Hi Vintage_sk8er
So you have no brakes at the moment?
Are you thinking about another Bike build?
Is that why ya want to know which bikes are better?

I saw this bike by www.bbrtuning.com for $499 Its got everything ya need except the motor kit. WWW.bikebarry.com
Here's another one by www.sportsmanflyer.com I like these

Maybe ya should just fix what ya got and add a brake to the front wheel.

I have no advice on which Disc Brakes to put on your bike. That can be kinda tricky and dangerous if ya don't know what your doing.
Hopefully one of the 2 Stroke Masters will chime in and give ya some advice on Disc Brakes.

The picture is of the BBR Tuning Bike from Bike Barry
I have a front brake caliper on my bike and was thinking of attaching one to the back instead cause I feel that's safer than the front wheel. I do like mine so I might just stick with what I have and try to improve it.

I have a front brake caliper on my bike and was thinking of attaching one to the back instead cause I feel that's safer than the front wheel. I do like mine so I might just stick with what I have and try to improve it.
Yea, A brake on the back and front. You'll need the stopping power.

Ya might need one of these so ya can work the front and rear brakes at the same time.

Attachments

• DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 180

Any input would be greatly appreciatedView attachment 92147
I have a Huffy Cranbrook motorized bike too. If you buy a set of two disk brakes. Take a bucket without a lid on and put your front wheel one it just to make it easier on yourself to do this. Unscrew the bolts out of both of the brakes to remove the rings.Take one of the rings with the 6 holes in it and put it on centered on your hub. Put some hot glue in the middle to keep it there. Then find the thread size of the bolt that was screwed into the ring. Then get a longer bolt with the same thread. Then drill 6 holes through the hub using the ring as the "blueprint" for where the holes go. Then use a threading kit to thread the holes in the hub. Now the reason i say buy 2 disk brakes is because you will need the ring from the other disk brake on top of the first ring as a spacer so your caliper doesn't hit the spokes. Alternatively you can use nuts as spacers. Then sand the ridge off of one of the rings. Put them on top of each other and line up the holes. Now thread the long bolts through the 2 rings and the hub. Now you've successfully installed disk brakes on your Huffy Cranbrook!! I have done this myself btw.

You will also need a 32mm brake adapter to attach it on your fork. It's cheap. The 2 disk brakes and the adapter will cost you a total of $32.

Back