whose at fault really?

I think if you had hit him, you would have been at fault. Anything with a motor is supposed to yield to pedestrians and bicyclists.

In any case, the best thing to do is to keep your eyes open and stay alert. From my experience, I've learned that the safest way to go is to always assume that all pedestrians are going to leap in front of you, that every cars will purposely turn into your path, and jealous bikers will ram you from the side. :)

"pedestrians are going to leap in front of you, that every cars will purposely turn into your path, and jealous bikers will ram you from the side"
Good advice..........there's also,Death Rays From Mars are targeting u so better wear your bicycle helmet. ;)

Your helmet will stop the Martian Death Rays but not the CIA mind control beams. I always keep my helmet lined with aluminum foil to thwart the CIA, if I could only stop the voices. I don't want to ride in only my helmet and sneakers but they keep telling me to.:confused:

i don't know from death-rays or mind-control...but this is how i see the situation, meaning i'm going to express some personal opinion.

re: the current motoredbiking atmosphere...during this introductory phase (the growing numbers of MB's hitting the roads) i consider myself the "usurper" and tho i know the law's on my "side" in many cases, i've been practicing a 'right-of-way' hierarchy based on the real laws of safety and common sense...

1-pedestrian
2-bicycle
3-motoredbike
4-any licensed vehicle

your potential for causing injury or damage to another "class" should determine your riding-style and attitude, i always give way to "1" & "2" regardless of who's right. i want to be observed going the extra mile to fit in.

the biggest problem i have is with "4" because they can injure me and never seem to give any thought to the basic laws of physics that apply to being in control of 3000lbs of metal, or operating any vehicle at potentially hazardous speeds.

i'm rambling a bit, so...chalk this up to a lesson learned, "right or wrong" is actually crystal clear...he should have been more diligent while sharing the road. but i hope the lesson learned is that you can't rely on other's to be doing their job out there, so you'll have to do it for them, if only for your own safety and well-being.

Levity aside, you've stated the truth. When riding or for that matter just walking around, it pays to have your head on a swivel.

Back