Zeda Engines - Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm same way if I find out a company has ever done telemarketing, I'll avoid doing business with them (I hate robo calls).

Well I got my check I am seriously contemplating on just buying from Zeda I don't think they are like raw-motors they got a fb page, youtube page and it seems like lots of people have bought from them.

Only thing that has me worried a little is Ive emailed them asking them some questions and never got a reply back.

But I think I will go with them and stumble through this.

All I know right now I am concerned about my finish on the bike. I straightened my handle bar up today and found my rear brake cable housing was stuck to my steer tube pulled it off the clear and found the slight pressure on the steer tube caused it to dimple the clear and sink in some. So now I am concerned my clear isn't hardened and not sure why it wouldn't be.

Well I got my check I am seriously contemplating on just buying from Zeda I don't think they are like raw-motors they got a fb page, youtube page and it seems like lots of people have bought from them.

Only thing that has me worried a little is Ive emailed them asking them some questions and never got a reply back.

But I think I will go with them and stumble through this.

All I know right now I am concerned about my finish on the bike. I straightened my handle bar up today and found my rear brake cable housing was stuck to my steer tube pulled it off the clear and found the slight pressure on the steer tube caused it to dimple the clear and sink in some. So now I am concerned my clear isn't hardened and not sure why it wouldn't be.
Cure time between paint if not met fully can make the clear coat tacky for longer than normal, how's the weather?

Cure time between paint if not met fully can make the clear coat tacky for longer than normal, how's the weather?

Well the paint is not tacky just soft if you put weight on it apparently. As far as the weather its been hot and humid but when I sprayed the frame like 3 months ago it was hot. The frame had a good 2 months to dry before I even started assembly.

Anyways I ordered the Zeda engine from Zeda Motorsports with the hurricane heading our way I wont be in a rush to get the engine as the shipping can be delayed if it floods here like I expect it will.

If the clear dimpled but didn't stick on the cable it probably cured. Maybe you sealed the paint under it to quickly. At any rate I doubt your going to strip it so build the bike. In a year from now you will have scratches up the yeangus but you won't mind ridding it.

If the clear dimpled but didn't stick on the cable it probably cured. Maybe you sealed the paint under it to quickly. At any rate I doubt your going to strip it so build the bike. In a year from now you will have scratches up the yeangus but you won't mind ridding it.

Maybe, but I followed the cans to a T the only thing is I might have sprayed my clear on top of the base coat a bit sooner than the can said to wait but then again it was like 85 - 90 degrees outside so I figured it was cured enough for the next stage. Also we are only talking like 5 minutes sooner.

I wont be stripping it down unless it starts to flake then I will strip the bike to the frame and fork assembly then take it to the auto body shop I know through work and give them the code for the color and let them strip it and spray it in their booth.

Maybe, but I followed the cans to a T the only thing is I might have sprayed my clear on top of the base coat a bit sooner than the can said to wait but then again it was like 85 - 90 degrees outside so I figured it was cured enough for the next stage. Also we are only talking like 5 minutes sooner.

I wont be stripping it down unless it starts to flake then I will strip the bike to the frame and fork assembly then take it to the auto body shop I know through work and give them the code for the color and let them strip it and spray it in their booth.
Tenacity.

Yep. Or I could just pawn it off on someone else and just get this same frame again but get it in the proper 135mm drop out and redo my build lol.

In the end I am trying not to worry too much on the finish for now. I am currently looking on this engine I ordered it already from Zeta Motorsports and I am just wondering if I should really invest in the $200 sleeved cylinder and piston to upgrade this engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back