225cc tillotson engine install advise

I need to get replacement oil drain bolts that are either flat or inset, that may give me the clearance I need, but who knows at this point I might just get a new frame that's larger id frame. Use the new mount I got , the tires and new front forks .

Isn't there two drains, one front and one back? We usually put a remote drain over in the carting world because the engine is buried in mechanicals and very hard to get too. It's never to tight that we need to block off the second drain hole, but maybe you can find a set screw to take the place of the drain screw?

I thought the same thing but I am worried about leaking and oil changes , I have the bike torn apart right now. I am still waiting on the new mount so that I can raise it up and bolt it in, but those drain plugs are hitting the frame and keeping it from setting level

You will need clearance between frame rails for sure, otherwise you won't be able to get your chain tight. Hopefully your new mount will have the adjustment built in. Did you do any internals on the engine, gopower said it's ready to run, but what class?
I've got my new cart motor on the bench right now awaiting it's new cam, 6700 max rpm. Should smoke the back tars.

You will need clearance between frame rails for sure, otherwise you won't be able to get your chain tight. Hopefully your new mount will have the adjustment built in. Did you do any internals on the engine, gopower said it's ready to run, but what class?
I've got my new cart motor on the bench right now awaiting it's new cam, 6700 max rpm. Should smoke the back tars.
I have not put any fluids in it or run it yet , the mount is adjustable, I have removed the jackshaft to make clearance for the new torque converter that due in tomorrow, bought new chain , new hookworm tires, new rockshocks front fork , new sealed bearing headset, new brakes. At this point I could buy a external gas tank and put everything on a larger frame

Did you your engine come with a carb? What it sounds like is, the full race version. It will probably turn close to 9,000 rpm. Going to be a little nuts on a bike, 17+ hp. Does your bike have pedals? You might want to try for street legal.

Did you your engine come with a carb? What it sounds like is, the full race version. It will probably turn close to 9,000 rpm. Going to be a little nuts on a bike, 17+ hp. Does your bike have pedals? You might want to try for street legal.
I have a motorcycle lol, that's not what I want for this . I want something that is not ordinary ,lots of power and fun to blast around

You're going to be able to that for sure. You can get more out of the TAV by changing the springs too.

Back