99% done... 196cc push trailer!

Finally broke the 50mph barrier... barely! I hit 50.2 mph. That might be my last ultra high speed run.

Going 50mph on my bicycle is scarier than going 100mph on my motorcycle.

My run flat tire is beginning to wear down. It is becoming bald down the center and it has about 70 miles on it. Luckily it is solid rubber so I can just keep riding on it, but have to stay away from wet roads I suppose.

As the tire wears more and more down my gear ratio changes and I will lose more and more top speed I think, but I will gain acceleration.

BTW, those are solid Polyurethane Foam tires. It's that knobby tread pattern that wore it down, because it's a copy of the air-tire version. My flat free tires both are worn bald in the center, and they actually get MORE grip and get softer and ride better. These type tires get better the more you wear them in.

Because they are foam, and absorb water once they wear down, they grab great on wet roads.

Over time, you will lose a slight bit of speed, but I think you hit 50, because you wore those treads down and got more grip to the road and less tire-spin then when they were new. How's the gorilla glue holding up?

BTW, those are solid Polyurethane Foam tires. It's that knobby tread pattern that wore it down, because it's a copy of the air-tire version. My flat free tires both are worn bald in the center, and they actually get MORE grip and get softer and ride better. These type tires get better the more you wear them in.

Because they are foam, and absorb water once they wear down, they grab great on wet roads.

Over time, you will lose a slight bit of speed, but I think you hit 50, because you wore those treads down and got more grip to the road and less tire-spin then when they were new. How's the gorilla glue holding up?

So far gorilla glue is holding up. I used a lot more this time and I think that did the trick.

BUMP! For an awesome trailer, and hitting your goal! No replacement for displacement, LOL!

How's the rework on your hitch? Still riding it, or working on it for now? I'm working on another trailer, and I'm using thin-gauge 1.5 inch wide fence post for the hitch, and thicker gauge 1.5 inch fence post for the frame. Fence post is cheap to come by, just look around for some scrap metal. I got all my recent metal for free just by looking around!

BUMP! For an awesome trailer, and hitting your goal! No replacement for displacement, LOL!

How's the rework on your hitch? Still riding it, or working on it for now? I'm working on another trailer, and I'm using thin-gauge 1.5 inch wide fence post for the hitch, and thicker gauge 1.5 inch fence post for the frame. Fence post is cheap to come by, just look around for some scrap metal. I got all my recent metal for free just by looking around!

I have not done much because life has been so busy. I hope to finish it within a week or two.

I did buy a 4 foot square tube from Lowes ($12) and I bought a 3-4 foot piece of angle iron for ($6). Between the two of them I should be able to weld something up that is strong. I have a friend who has a welder... I just need to cut my pieces and take them to him.

I did get my metal for free in a round about way. One day I saw a metal bed frame in someone's trash so I pulled it out of the trash and took it. I put it on craigslist and sold it for $25. The original plan was to cut the bed frame into pieces and use it to weld a better connection pipe, but then I had an idea to sell it and use the money to buy stronger metal.

Good idea about selling the bed frame! It's worth more money that way!

I understand life being busy, so just take your time as needed and keep us posted on the progress. :D

macarollo...plz be carefull!! thats a motorcycle pushing a bike...dont get runover!

didn't mean to be the only one on the "is that even legal?" but i couldn't resist.

When it was in one piece I actually rode it very safe. It was only on back roads that had hardly any cars on them that I would go over 35mph. Normally I go 30-35mph. I always wear a helmet too.

When I hit 50.2mph I was actually wearing full motorcycle gear including a full face helmet.

Sweet Build 6.5 hp !!! Dude you better hang on tight !!!
That rig just might pass up your bike !!!
Have a safe Maiden Flight !!!!

As you should Macarollo,the problem with fatigue cracks is that they are just about invisible,then all of a sudden the whole thing comes apart.I had that happen to me I think ,with my first MB build ever,ended up all of a sudden in a very cold canal in Holland,swimming for my life.Quite disconcerting.The bike is still there on the bottom I suppose.Take care.

Back