Any Moped dealers in the USA?

gearhead222

Local time
12:13 AM
Dear Moderators-Please move this post if it is in the wrong section.
Dear Fellow Members,
Does anyone know of a new moped dealer in the USA? I have done some researching and Puch pulled out of the US, as did Tomos. In Austin, there's just one Moped store and they sell only used rebuilt bikes with , IMHO, a high price tag.
That being said, if anyone knows where I can find a new or low mileage vintage or vintage style 50 cc moped, I would be VERY much obliged. As much as I like my Grubbee 50cc motorized bike, I'd like to move up to something with (gasp!), front and rear shocks with drum and/or disc brakes. Thank you for any and all detailed feedback!:)-Gearhead222

1977mopeds out of Kalamazoo usually has a few bikes in stock, and they're taking pre-orders for a new production moped called an Indigan Trail. it's similar to a puch magnum but unfortunately comes with a peugeot 103 motor which I'm not a fan of. they've got a super lame ignition system that doesn't do it's job all that well.

Thanx! A buddy of mine has a stock 1977 or 78 Peugeot with variator drive. What don't you like about it, other than the ignition? Again, any detailed feedback on new mopeds is greatly appreciated!:)Gearhead222

Last edited:
just the ignition. there's a good ignition and a bad ignition for it, I don't remember which is which because I don't mess with the bastards. I think it's the 5 coil that's worth a damn

Valley Scooters imports this one with a Honda clone engine. It would be fun to get one of these and swap in a 140cc Lifan.
__Cleaned_173_1_-435x270.jpg

Sad but true, all but one new moped sold in the U.S. of A. Comes from China.
http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/moped/lazer5.php
I like the vintage ones as well. Only one moped dealer here in SoCal.
http://www.myronsmopeds.com/
things aren't as easy to find or replace unless you know where to look. The Peugeot 103 is a good choice,and a good up-grade with the ignition is really all that's needed.

Ray

According to what I read on the Moped Army forum, Tomos may be back in the not to distant future. I saw a Youtube video that installs an 80cc kit on that Chinese moped before they even ship it. But it is still a 4 stroke and Chinese. I have owned 3 Tomos mopeds, and they are way better than anything I have seen from China.

Back