Are these safe in any kind of way

My 1st choice is thick tubes instead of those that are 1mm thick.
When your thick heavy duty tube wont hold air anymore because maybe the valve stem ripped off.
Don't throw it away use the skin of the HD tube and just put a regular tube inside of it, or put a heavy duty tube
inside of the old HD tube skin
You'll have an extra extra heavy duty inner tube.

That's what I do for my Whizzer I use a regular tube inside a heavy duty tube skin so I got a extra heavy duty tubes

Good quality inner tube - such as Michelin or Continental - and a tire liner - such as Mr. Tuffy - are the best way to prevent flats.
If you ride where there are a lot of goatheads or debris like broken glass, nails, you may want to use Slime, just be aware that Slime and patch glue are not friends, so you kinda have to pick one or the other.

Good quality inner tube - such as Michelin or Continental - and a tire liner - such as Mr. Tuffy - are the best way to prevent flats.
If you ride where there are a lot of goatheads or debris like broken glass, nails, you may want to use Slime, just be aware that Slime and patch glue are not friends, so you kinda have to pick one or the other.
I use Bell Kevlar tires, ultra thick Slime infused inner tubes, and a rim liner on my mag wheels and NO tire liner, here in Alamogordo, NM which is well known as "tire puncture hell" and should be named either Goat Head City or Mesquite Junction...lol...I'm now going on a just little over 8 years now using just this combination of tires and tubes and have had zero flats or blowouts.

For a couple years beforehand, I was using stock tires and tubes and had to find a way around that since conventional tires and tubes would only last days and sometimes weeks in this harsh desert environment...My present setup works great thus far.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Sports-Glide-Comfort-Road-Tire-with-Kevlar-26-x-1-75/15188807

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Su...r-Tube-Schrader-26-x1-75-2-125-30081/49455299

I use Bell Kevlar tires, ultra thick Slime infused inner tubes, and a rim liner on my mag wheels and NO tire liner, here in Alamogordo, NM which is well known as "tire puncture hell" and should be named either Goat Head City or Mesquite Junction...lol...I'm now going on a just little over 8 years now using just this combination of tires and tubes and have had zero flats or blowouts.

For a couple years beforehand, I was using stock tires and tubes and had to find a way around that since conventional tires and tubes would only last days and sometimes weeks in this harsh desert environment...My present setup works great thus far.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Sports-Glide-Comfort-Road-Tire-with-Kevlar-26-x-1-75/15188807

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Slime-Su...r-Tube-Schrader-26-x1-75-2-125-30081/49455299

Since my Whizzer can cruise at around 45 mph I stay in the lane like a M/C only getting over to let cars pass that come speeding up behind me. This greatly reduced my chance of getting a flat. My flats were a nail, screw, tack or a wire from a steel belted tire that someone wore bald.

Yeah, those pesky wires from steel belted tires.
When people ride around on a bald steel belted tire that they wore down to the belts little pieces of the belts shred off and end up on the side of the road right where bicycles ride on the shoulder

Lucky me no goat heads in my area

I'm probably gonna switch to the Bell Kevlar W/W Classic Knobbies next time I gotta buy tires.
But this will be after I use the set of Ching Shin W/W Classic Knobbies I got hanging in the garage

Since my Whizzer can cruise at around 45 mph I stay in the lane like a M/C only getting over to let cars pass that come speeding up behind me. This greatly reduced my chance of getting a flat. My flats were a nail, screw, tack or a wire from a steel belted tire that someone wore bald.

Yeah, those pesky wires from steel belted tires.
When people ride around on a bald steel belted tire that they wore down to the belts little pieces of the belts shred off and end up on the side of the road right where bicycles ride on the shoulder

Lucky me no goat heads in my area

I'm probably gonna switch to the Bell Kevlar W/W Classic Knobbies next time I gotta buy tires.
But this will be after I use the set of Ching Shin W/W Classic Knobbies I got hanging in the garage
Knowing you like I do. I'm sure you only relinquish Lane Control if the shoulder is debris free and wide enough for you to ride on. Otherwise they can change lanes to pass like they'd have to do with any other vehicle.

Knowing you like I do. I'm sure you only relinquish Lane Control if the shoulder is debris free and wide enough for you to ride on. Otherwise they can change lanes to pass like they'd have to do with any other vehicle.
Yes, I hold the lane until it's safe to get over
Lucky for me California is the land of Wide roads and bicycle friendly.
Especially in Northern CA. I was so surprised at how cars were stopping to let me have the right of way at intersections
Then I came back to SOCAL and cars cut me off as usual :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I hold the lane until it's safe to get over
Lucky for me California is the land of Wide roads and bicycle friendly.
Especially in Northern CA. I was so surprised at how cars were stopping to let me have the right of way at intersections
Then I came back to SOCAL and cars cut me off as usual :ROFLMAO:
The biggest thing I encounter is people thinking I'm a pedal only bicycle, then pulling out in front of me. So I use my horn to get them to look directly at me. This generally causes them to hesitate just long enough to realize I'm going a lot faster than they thought I was.

Back