Avenger 85 help

UPDATE: I have replaced ALL gaskets/seals, polished the crank shaft ends and the engine still runs stupid lean, pops, and dies (sucking vac through crank seals). I guess I'll try Smolik's viton seals and let you all know how that goes with my ported bearing shields.

If that doesn't work, buy a YD100 engine and put your top end on it.

If that doesn't work, buy a YD100 engine and put your top end on it
How much riding do you do? How long has it lasted so far? How is swapping identical cases going to help? What happens when your YD seals fail? Then you would have replacement seals in your identical case, bringing you to where im at now. I'm happy this has worked for you. I recall reading your suggestion the first time. I also recall my questions regarding the case swap going unanswered. Unless there is a difference, I'm not going to purchase an identical case because some guy on the internet said it worked for him, without explaining how it is any different.

How much riding do you do? How long has it lasted so far? How is swapping identical cases going to help? What happens when your YD seals fail? Then you would have replacement seals in your identical case, bringing you to where im at now. I'm happy this has worked for you. I recall reading your suggestion the first time. I also recall my questions regarding the case swap going unanswered. Unless there is a difference, I'm not going to purchase an identical case because some guy on the internet said it worked for him, without explaining how it is any different.
The engine is running great with the YD100 bottom end. Have more miles than I got from the Avenger and it's getting stronger. Also, the Yd bottom I used already had 300mi on it! No problems with idle either.

It works because I say so, guys!
If someone tried something and it works then give it a try.

Almost all these engines (80cc+) use essentially the same YD100 bottom end but they all come from different factories that may use slightly different bearings, hardware and seals.

As long as you are using a YD100 with the correct wrist size, it SHOULD work, but absolutely nothing in this hobby is an absolute.

No need to get shiddy with people.

Sure. The bottom end that came with the engine SHOULD work too. I have asked simple questions that remain unanswered. You're right that there is no need for my misconduct. I tend to be preddy shiddy when people repeatedly waste my time. My apologies. Any quantifiable data regarding this issue, or answers to any of my questions are welcome. Please and thank you.

Any quantifiable data regarding this issue, or answers to any of my questions are welcome. Please and thank you.
Considering the Avenger is a new type motor, there is NO quantifiable data available as of yet, heck, even Zane from CMB hasn't come up with anything quanitfiable as of yet, all he says is the Avenger is a "Phantom Killer"...So far all I have seen from all reports thus far is it is anything but...The Avenger has been too busy committing suicide instead...lol.

Lay off the insulting or belittling fellow members when they are only trying to be helpful in what has worked for them so far.

Rule #2 of the forum rules covers what I just said.

2. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilized and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

Back