Avenger 85 help

Being that the Avenger top end works well with the YD100 bottom end, there must be something different with the Avenger bottom that's causing the issue with the seals! Also, I am using a 2 ring MS-380 piston instead of the single ring avenger piston.

Soooooo you still haven't answered  any of my questions. (-_-)
Most of us here like to follow the idea of, if we can't provide a real answer - factual or accurate information based on personal experience, the best we are going to do is speculate or otherwise not answer. Sometimes, you have to answer questions yourself. I do that, as do many other members here, and then to make sure the information IS out there for people with the same question in the future we make a post about it.

You are getting so frustrated over this one instance. I should tell you the lengths I went through to get answers to questions on my Hawk 250, a bike that, back in 2017 when I first got it had almost zero information. I pioneered several mods/upgrades that are now commonplace by using my own time and money to find things out. Want cartridge emulators for the Hawk forks? I paid $100 of my own money to buy a set of YSS PD238 valves from Germany and shipped them to the US just to see if I could make them work. I then had to make my own spacer adapters for the damper tubes to make them work.

Have patience and put in effort.

Indeed, I was frustrated. I apologized and moved on. I apologize once more, to you and the rest of you's. I dug up some answers from another unrelated thread
I got a new cylinder and put it on a YD 100 bottom end because of air leak at crank seal. I also used a 2 ring piston and have run it to 9k rpm. Also am running a #65 jet because of 4-stroking with the #70 jet. The rivets will get loose on the exhaust, so I tack welded mine. Also, how was your squish? I had to remove 2mm from my cylinder.
I quoted it because it is useful information. Hey @mony0_3, where did you get your avenger kit from? Where did you get your yd kit from? Did you remove the 2mm from the cylinder before or during the case swap?

CMB, Ebay $100, removed the 2mm and put on the yd. It needed it removed for the avenger but, I decided to try it with no mods.

The 1st pic is a yd100 with a ld100 cylinder, notice the piston is almost even with the top of the cylinder, the avenger piston was 3mm below the top of cylinder. the 2nd pic is the new cylinder the yd100, notice the scratch. that's why it's a good idea to inspect a new engine. It didn't have any lubrication in the cylinder either!

Attachments

• 20240204_195926_HDR[1].jpg
    20240204_195926_HDR[1].jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240203_140640_HDR[1].jpg
    20240203_140640_HDR[1].jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38
Back