Bearing upgrade for Mag wheels worth it?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
12:54 AM
Well I'm planning on using mag wheels for my bike I'm building I was just wondering if It's worth getting good quality SKF stainless ones for the wheels. one of the bearings is a 6200rs and the other is a 6000rs. I already got japanese nachi bearings for the crank and clutch shafts. I saw a stainless sfk 6000rs (W6000 2RS) for $17.30. but they would never rust and would probably last as long as I have the bike. I noticed that bikeberry is literally always out of stock of their mag wheels and gasbike upped their price from $99 to $139! I have the rear mag that I didn't use on the predator bike but still need a front mag (but they don't sell single) what do you guys think?

Upgrading bearings is always a good idea!

You know, if aesthetics are not important you can use any decent bicycle wheel as your front. If the bearings are greased and the spokes are tight, a decent bike wheel will do fine on the front.

Upgrading bearings is always a good idea!

You know, if aesthetics are not important you can use any decent bicycle wheel as your front. If the bearings are greased and the spokes are tight, a decent bike wheel will do fine on the front.
Right, I like the mag wheels because they look more like moped wheels they are a little heavier but there's no spokes to tighten it's one solid piece. I want the bike to look good thinking of getting an aluminum frame and going with a red and black scheme. The frame being red and wheels black. I do have a few spare wheels from the micargi predator they are 68 spoke I think but the front wheel wasn't meant for a brake and it's painted.

Back