carrying extra gas for long summer trips?????

I was planning on doing that however I have a rear rack over my tire with a big box on strapped on it.
The guy selling and said he would custom make the attachment bar at any angle for me. Not sure but I think it might have been sick bikes.
I'll probably do it when I get the cash for it

How far are you going? Just get a 5Liter tank. I can go 80Km before even thinking about fuel.

Then I think about it, slosh the tank, take a stretch and keep going

How far are you going? Just get a 5Liter tank. I can go 80Km before even thinking about fuel.

Then I think about it, slosh the tank, take a stretch and keep going

I wouldn't.. "Slosh the tank"? Idk what that means, but fuel sloshing around in a 5L tank is one reason why I would prefer a small tank and refilling from the spare bottles. There's no need to use a 5L tank for more frequent short journeys anyway, so it would be a pain to put a different tank on the night before going on an unusually long trip. Oh and I can imagine that a 5L would be more difficult to attach securely on top of the top tube. As you said, it's nice to stop and stretch too. :)

i often tie a 5ltr gerrycan to my bag if you tie it good you wont even notice the weight and no fear of explosions!

I wouldn't.. "Slosh the tank"? Idk what that means, but fuel sloshing around in a 5L tank is one reason why I would prefer a small tank and refilling from the spare bottles. There's no need to use a 5L tank for more frequent short journeys anyway, so it would be a pain to put a different tank on the night before going on an unusually long trip. Oh and I can imagine that a 5L would be more difficult to attach securely on top of the top tube. As you said, it's nice to stop and stretch too. :)

By slosh I just mean shake the bike to hear how much is left in the tank which is usually plenty. The tank I have came with regular brackets that will fit on a cantilever frame. On my schwinn OCC I used L brackets to bolt directly to the frame as well as a zip cord which holds it very securely.

mLIkbWy.jpg

95WqInc.jpg

Good thing is that this tank has a reserve like a motorcycle as well so, running out of gas never will happen.

Hey WSB, are you on a tight budget? If not, do like I did.

Attachments

• IMG_20160711_204124559.jpg
    IMG_20160711_204124559.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 100
Back