Do *not* buy from boygofast

MoonHog

Local time
4:42 PM
I just received a 50 cc engine kit from boygofast.

The carburetor they sent is some piece of sh*t, with some little tin air filter that rattles (like I need more rattling on the bike), instead of the black plastic air box they showed online. The casting for the engine was horrible, and some of the air vents were bent. The sprocket they sent wasn't the one pictured either. It was completely flat, black, and all scratched up on top of, and under the paint. The hardware was all thrown into a bag and incomplete, missing nuts for the sprocket.

I've bought 5 kits now from various vendors and have been happy with all of them. This is the first, and last I will buy from boygofast.

I sent them an e-mail:

"Hello, I received the engine kit in the mail a day or two ago, and finally got around to opening it. I have to say I am very dissapointed. I have bought several of these kits now, and this one is terrible. The rear sprocket you sent is not the standard sprocket I have received with *every* other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is completely flat, and scratched up (under the paint). This will cause the chain to be out further than it should be and misaligned. The carburetor you sent is *not* the one I have received with every other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is a piece of junk, with a cheap tin filter attached to it, instead of the black plastic cover. All of the small parts were thrown into a bag, and I'm missing the lock nuts for the rear sprocket that comes with *every* other kit. The casting on the engine is horrible, and some of the heat vents are bent. I'm not sure if you took all of the junk parts out of all of your other kits and sent it to me, but I sincerely hope this was an unusual occurance, and that you will make this right. I'm assuming that you get these, and just ship them out without looking in the box. I'm an active member on motoredbikes.com, and I really don't want to give a bad review if this was an accident.

Please let me know how I need to proceed.

Thanks.

This was their response:

"thank u email us.
some parts may not pefect. if u think u don't like the flat sprocket. please return to get the replacment.

reply if u has any question. thanks

by the way, we are not care people talk to us in (motored)bikes.com

we can not satisfy every one

thanks"

WTF!!!

Needless to say, I filed a dispute with Paypal, and they *will* be giving me my money back, and be getting this kit shipped back to them, where they can gently hammer it where the sun don't shine, and since they don't care about bad reviews...here is one. I'll post pictures soon so everyone can see their handiwork.

Last edited:
No, I bought what was pictured, and didn't get it. You can keep coming back and saying "Well you should just expect garbage because you only paid 100 bucks", and while that is obviously fine for you,.... In this case you are 100% *wrong*, because *I* am the customer, and *I* am not happy with what I got......I am *that* customer. Every company has one.......

My point here is that I think you are over reacting to the situation, especially with the PayPal dispute. The facts are that you called his products junk, then you threatened to slander him on a web forum if he didn't give you what you wanted. (blakmailing him) You expected him to just say "yes sir, the customer is always right, what can I do to make it better". My original post was to say that *maybe* things would have been different if you were more polite and respectful, and for this, you take offense. You quote me as saying "Well you should just expect garbage because you only paid 100 bucks" - yet I never said that. I just think your expectations of the product were a little too high - especially if you've purchased several of these engines from various vendors. You came here to post how unhappy you were with BGF, and I am pointing out that maybe your sour attitude had something to do with you with it. Just because you are the customer, doesn't give you the right to be rude and disrespectful in your communications. I feel sorry for PKS the first time you get an engine with bent fins, a scratched (or non-dished) sprocket or a crushed chain box. Are you going to send PKS the same email you sent to BGF? Is this the way you approach customer service people when you are not satisfied? I have found that people often "bend" the rules for you if you treat them nicely. You know, that whole "you get what you give" thing. By the way, what exactly did you want BGF to do? He did offer to replace the sprocket with a dished one.

Their is NO excuse for not getting what u paid for & i can see a negative pattern developing with BGF;increasing complaints.
I was concidering buying a heavy duty rear axle with bolt on sprocket from them but have since reconcidered(thanks MoonHog,sorry for your experience).....probably just as well cos i now can't find anything about BGF on eBay.

BTW: i got a reply to the email i sent BGF about MoonHog's difficulties.......it didn't make any sense. :confused:

I emailed the infamous boygofast, and this is what they emailed me back with.....

Does this make sense to anyone hat they are saying???

thank u email us.

if we sell garbage, every seller sell the garbge. we have all the product in the market.
Due to we sell lowest price, and many buyers benifit on our product. of course, on the other hand, other sellers lost market. so they try to rumer the market.
actully, we have all the product they have ( seriously)
the engine kit is the DIY product.
no way can satisfy every one, because different has different experience on motor bike engine. so result for build a mo-bike are different.
and they think they are "professional"
no one can say themself is Pro.
we all are learning now.
Motorbikes.com and other .com invite us to join them many times.
but we choose not.
we don't want to argue with people.

any way, thank u email us.

BGF

It makes sense,kinda....."we all are learning now" is the relevent part of that email.Still doesn't explain the fact for getting an incomplete & damaged kit.
I've bought 4 HT kits & all have been perfect & are still running to this day.
Surely if your putting together a non-factory kit(which shoudn't happen anyway) the very LEAST u can do is make sure it's complete.

The Paypal dispute wouldn't have happened if BGF *had* said they didn't realize what they were selling online was *not* what was in the kit. The sprocket wasn't just scratched? It *wasn't* the one they showed online, and wasn't going to work for my application. It was a flat piece of *JUNK* metal that looked like someone used a grinder to cut it out, and some rattle can paint to paint it. The carburetor *wasn't* the one they showed online, it was completely different with a *CHEAP* noisy tin filter, and *I* don't want it. Add to this the state of the packaging, and the bent fins, and missing sprocket nuts. It absolutely isn't blackmail, or slander when you are stating *facts*,and in fact *I* am the victim of fraud, because I was sold something that I didn't get. You call it *disrespectful* I call it business. Should I praise them for not screwing up..let's see, the twist throttle grip, and the clutch cable (I would say tank, but even that was more rusty inside than any other tank I have received...I didn't even bother with that, because it is surface rust, and a packet of BBs will clean it up)?

My reaction:
This is what I ordered.
You sold me subpar goods (a.k.a. junk) in the form of a junk sprocket, and a junk carb, and *not* what I purchased. BTW: My fins were bent, and I'm missing the sprocket nuts.
Replace the items, or you get a bad review from me
It is possible you didn't know what was in the kit you sold to me (their out)
Tell me the steps to get what I ordered online. (This is their opportunity to *make the customer whole again*)

Their response:
We will replace the sprocket. (I can start with this...not bad)
We don't care what you think, or what your review is. We can't make everyone happy. (WTF!!!)

Now...had they left it with just 'We will replace the sprocket', I would have gone back, and said "What about the carburetor". If they said 'We will replace that with the one we displayed online' or even apologized and said it was a mistake but it is the only one they sell, this would have been all over. Their 'last needless comment' sunk them. If they don't care, I don't want their product on my bike.

As I said. I have had bad parts in the kits before, and actually got an apology, and a replacement part. All done. Good review, especially in the communication part. Look at my histroy on e-bay. I've given *ALL* good reviews to people, except two. One guy sold me pirated DVDs, and the other BGF. I'm not unreasonable.

BGF...bad review all the way around!

and FYI, if you read this thread about another guy who got a BGF kit and stuck it on his Moondog, you will see what they sent *him*.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=10836

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6787&d=1210338252

and another...

http://picasaweb.google.com/funnyman2002/MotoredBike#5175886325832137458

So, you tell me. Did they in fact try to pawn a box of junk off on me? Absof*%inlutly! It is also possible that in an effort to turn a bigger profit, they have gone to the absolute cheapest supplier they can find who is saving money by handcutting the sprockets, and using cheap tin for the carb, and .30 cent an hour packers in a damp factory so the tanks can get nice and rusty.

Tell you what ARCEEGUY, I'll drop the Paypal dispute, if you send me $139.00, and I'll send this kit to you, since you love it so much, and I'm not warranteeing anything, if anything is missing or wrong *too bad*, and I don't care what you tell people. Pretty appetizing, right? How many bidders do I have? Don't everyone PM me at once trying to get this gem from me. At least you go the benefit of me telling you that up-front.

I actually have to put this on other people bikes (friends), and that's *MY* name attached to it. I don't put things on people's bike that I wouldn't want on my own.

It must just be me though...

or...

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=11650

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=14438

http://www.motoredbikes.com/archive/index.php?t-13561.html

maybe not.

You can't hide Rick Shi. People are on to you, and your business practices.

Keep responsing though ARCEEGUY. 3 more posts and I get to post to the vendor feedback section. Thanks for helping me get there, I couldn't have done it without you. ;) <-- Oh yeah, I used *that* smiley.

Last edited:
.....Keep responsing though ARCEEGUY. 3 more posts and I get to post to the vendor feedback section. Thanks for helping me get there, I couldn't have done it without you. ;) <-- Oh yeah, I used *that* smiley.

Nothing is stopping you from posting in other areas of the forum to reach your "magic number" and trash the vendor, don't feel that you only must respond to me. ;) ;) ;) Keep posting though, as it shows how far out in left field you are. I doubt any vendor that frequents this forum would ever want to do business with people like yourself for fear that you would have a hissy fit and freak out if things weren't totally as *you* expected, because it is all about *you* because *you* are the customer - right? It is your God given right as a customer to call someones product junk and insult them - and you are surprised when the seller does the bare minimum for you? Face it, the ONLY part that would affect functionality is the non-dished sprocket - which he offered to replace. Frankly, I like the chrome air cleaner housing. With a nice thick foam in it, it allows the engine to breathe better than the 3 tiny holes in the typical plastic cover. Many people would have viewed that as a nice upgrade over the black plastic cover. But since it wasn't in his picture, you flip out and think you are justified in disputing the purchase. People like you are the reason why disclaimers like "item may not be exactly as pictured", "we reserve the right to make changes to the product without notice" or "CAUTION HOT COFFEE" must be used, even though common sense tells us this is the always the case. Most everyone here also tosses the majority of included hardware and replace it with higher quality hardware. All of us that have ever built several HT kits know that they have rough castings, sometimes come with bent fins, and all of them need a little tinkering to make them reliable. You are one of these people, so that's why I was a little surprised when you were running around screaming like someone had poked you in the eyes. If you want to give him a bad review, go right ahead - but be sure that you include all of your communications with him so people can see how you treated him. Like I said before, you get what you give. ;) ;) ;) ;) <- look I used a lot of "those" smileys!! hahaha! ;)

Also - I think it is hilarious that other members here are harassing this guy and making fun of his broken english even though they haven't even purchased from him. BGF is right, you really can't make everyone happy so should we harass every vendor if someone here is not happy with the service they got? If so, we should send angry emails on behalf of our MB brethren to every vendor that posts here. And Mountainman, I think you're great and we are all used to your posting style here - BUT if I received multiple emails from you (like the ones you sent to BGF), I'd be calling the FBI. :D

I'll be checking out of this thread before it gets out of hand - I believe I've gotten my point across to most of the other members here.

the FBI is looking for Mountainman -- oh no !!!!!

well - I found boyfast e-mail address - thanks to someone here on site
sent them (twice) the following message

I read about your customer service on Motorbikes.com

And your customer service stinks
we just want you to know
the word is out regarding you guys
yes - your reply e-mail to done wrong customer
reads like poo poo
poo poo to you too

from -- Mountainman -- just another MB rider

yes - I admit - I sent this message (twice) to bgf
Iam a retired goverment employee and believe me
I know about the deadly POO POO threats that crazy ones make
and wishing not to get caught by the FBI
that's why I hide out in the mountains
and from now on - will be riding my MB with one of those
left over halloween mask on...

ride that thing

And Mountainman, I think you're great and we are all used to your posting style here - BUT if I received multiple emails from you (like the ones you sent to BGF), I'd be calling the FBI. :D

attention all MB riders -- Mountainman was arrested this morning by the FBI

he was wanted in regards to two serious POO POO threats made towards GBF

he is in the County jail this morning awaiting his arraignment next Monday

Mountainman was over heard crying out loud -- I want to ride that thing

when the guard asked him if he was crying because he missed his wife

he said no -- I am missing my motor bike -- wa wa wa

the local court reporter asked Mountainman's attorney

what kind of time may Mountainman be looking at here

his attorney stated -- possibly up to 5 years out on a far away farm

picking up fresh COW PATTIES 12 hours a day with no gloves !!!

Mountainman -- while in there -- do not -- ride that thing

Well, everybody else has offered an opinion so here's kerf's but I warn you, kerf's pretty simple. I love a good deal, been known to jump hoops for a good deal but I've learned something earning my degree from UHK. The best price is not always the lowest price. A vendor that puts significant effort into making sure their customers are satisfied, does more work and incurs more cost than those that don't. This situation will result in a higher cost of the end product but it is earned cost not just a frivolous increase in price.

One can buy from the low price leader but it's a roll of the dice as to whether you will be riding or emailing the seller. I would much rather read a post about the cold wind in someones face then the cold shoulder they received from a vendor.

Thanks for the comments ARCEEGUY. This makes 28. I *could* post to other threads, but it wouldn't be as satisfying to know that *you* helped me reach that magic number.
You also need to distinguish between insulting a person (which I never did), and their piece of *junk* product. You are right...you do get what you give. I *gave* him 139.00, and I'm *getting* it back.

I have built many of these, and received stellar feedback and delivered stellar feedback to *all* the rest. Even the ones with faulty parts. "CAUTION HOT COFFEE" does not apply here, as much as you would like it to. They don't need to tell me the exhaust pipe gets hot, or that the bike goes fast (that is a warning label), but they do need to tell me if what I get *may not be* what they have pictured, and as much as you would really like to lump the different warning together to make your point, they are very different. How else am I supposed to know, and make an educated decision/gamble on their product? I have never bought from BGF, and contrary to Rick Shi's e-mail, it is *not* the same parts as in the other kits, and they are sub-par. I don't care about the bent fins as I explained...it was a *complete* package deal that was aggravating, and I know you are smart enough to see the big picture, even though you have decided to OCD on single issues as if only one had happened in the kit. There wasn't a single major part in the kit that wasn't f'd up or sub standard. *That* is my issue. Their response, sealed the deal for me.

So I'm done explaining why *I* didn't like the kit, and want a refund, and it's no different than my very first post.

As far as everyone seeing how out in *left field* I am, is it my imagination, or did you just say that you would call the *FBI*, if someone sent you two e-mails saying Poo-Poo? I'm the one that isn't thick skinned, aye? Ridiculous. There is a thing called a 'rule', which allows you to filter e-mails from people you don't want to hear from. Rather than spending more of my tax dollars on your ridiculous calls to the FBI, try the free route first. If someone sent you 'actual' poo-poo in your mailbox at home..well then..you may want to take some sort of action, or start giving the haloweeners their candy.

BTW. In case you haven't noticed, *you* are the only member agreeing with you. Everyone else seemed glad that there was a review from the actual *buyer* out here, and agrees that they should receive what they were sold. If *you* had posted to a thread here, that you bought a kit from BGF, and they gave you a different, *better* carb, I would have PM'd you for a picture...and then decided *not* to buy from them, but you didn't...so I'm left to clean up after you.

These forums exist for MBers to discuss experiences with building bikes, different challenges, and to ask questions. Not to change someones mind about whether or not they are happy about the service or parts they received, or to tell them if you had been nicer to poor Rick Shi, things would have been different. Have you read his comments to other customers who got screwed, or the 'accidental' e-mail leaks about what he actually thinks about his customers? He is *not* a decent business man.

I've also told vendors that if they ship my parts on time, and they are good quality, they will get repeat business from me. Is that a 'threat'? No, it is a pre-emptive statement that let's them know I am a 'serious' customer looking for someone to repeat business with. When I e-mailed Rick Shi, to straighten out the issue, I told him I was going to be posting a review of his kit. Did I? Yes. So...I wasn't lying, or threatening...I was giving him the opportunity to change the outcome of the review. If he sent me good parts and/or given me good service, it would have been *his* kit I pictured on the PKS bike. That's why people do *reviews*. I also told PKS that if I got the product shipped quickly, and the parts were quality, I would order from them exclusively. Guess what? I will be ordering from them exclusively. Once I hit 30 posts, I'll be sending a review of *all* of the vendors I have dealt with.

Care to make it 29? I'll be sure to mention you in the credits, and send Rick Shi all your love.

Last edited:
Back