Easy one, checking oil

Ok, better pictures.

Black wire coming from the motor
GUESSING the nub on the bottom of the bowl is for this to hook up to???? If not, what DOES that hook up to. It sure looks electrical to me. Vacuum line?
If that nub on the bowl is it, all I need to do is take it off again, turn the bowl around, plug it in, viola.
Before I do… lets be sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 155
The tube w/nub on it in the pic is for draining the bowl when you loosen the drain screw with a reg screw driver. Where is your line coming from the fuel tank to the carb? It should be in your face and see if it's hooked up. Your carb bowl will have an overflow tube coming out of it near the top of the bowl, don't confuse that with your gas inlet which is brass.
I should also clarify, I KNOW where the fuel vent hose goes, More towards the top. This nib is off the bowl. Could that be some kind of control to be sure it's able to run when stopped or when I let off the throttle? If that black line was getting loose, it might explain why I was having problems keeping it running. Then if it fell off, why it simply won't start at all now., AND why I don't remember removing it when I took the carb off.

In the 2nd pic that black vent hose hooks up to the black plastic tube right next to it in the pic. That's the crankcase recirculation tube the EPA requires to recirculate crankcase gasses.

An oil change is easy.
Just use a syringe or turkey baster with a short hose on the end, makes oil changes quick and clean.

Ok, first, thanks on the oil change answer.

This thread sort of went off topic a bit.
One I started on issues with motor is here,
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/huasheng-4-stroke-keeps-wanting-to-die.52889/
Should probably move any further replies to that one.
The rest of my post here I will also post there. So please any replies to the motor not starting, go to that other thread.
The question about oil change here was answered…. thanks.

The mystery black cable coming from the motor...
SO… found a photo of this motor new and that black hose goes into the air filter. Hooked it up. Still the bike will NOT fire. And I can't even pull all the way.
Ever try to restart a lawnmower when the blades are totally clogged with grass? How that simply won't pull at all unless you clear out the grass? Well that's how this feels.
I can barely get the motor to turn one time. Can't even pull all the way. NO fire at all.

Only thing I have not tried is disconnecting the kill button. I doubt that's the issue though.

Back