Engine problems HELP

Local time
3:33 AM
Im Breaking in my 48cc new engine, first tank of gas 16:1 ratio, everything went fine, mixed my second tank of gas with more semi synthetic two stroke oil, but accidently put too much in, probably 12:1 ratio, started it up and it ran really horrible no horsepower, high revs, thought the engine was going to blow up, ran it maybe 7minutes, drained all gas&oil out, took out the spark plug cleaned it, drained carburater bowl, just clear gas came out, whats wrong with the engine, and what ratio of oil should I use, maybe less, but it will be my second tank of the break in. Also what type of oil should I use. I was using Lucas semi synthetic. Thanks.

Im Breaking in my 48cc new engine, first tank of gas 16:1 ratio, everything went fine, mixed my second tank of gas with more semi synthetic two stroke oil, but accidently put too much in, probably 12:1 ratio, started it up and it ran really horrible no horsepower, high revs, thought the engine was going to blow up, ran it maybe 7minutes, drained all gas&oil out, took out the spark plug cleaned it, drained carburater bowl, just clear gas came out, whats wrong with the engine, and what ratio of oil should I use, maybe less, but it will be my second tank of the break in. Also what type of oil should I use. I was using Lucas semi synthetic. Thanks.
The lucas semi synthetic is fine but 20 to 1 for break in is pleanty! With to much oil it makes the a/f ratio to lean thats why the high rpm's your engine should be fine!

Awesome so my engine should be fine, the high rpms were worrisome, Ill do the 20:1 ratio, thanks4the help.

too much oil interferes with the combustion of the gas.
go back to 20:1 or even as lean as 25:1 if it is a good brand oil

I turned the idle scew 4 1/2 turns from in like they say and the engine revs way more normal, but not all the way like it was, could it be burning the left over oil in the engine. I already put the 20:1 ratio in like you said. I also took out the spark plug cleaned it. It had black oil still gobbed on it. My needle is set at second from top. I live in sea level elevation. What else could it be. Thanks

I turned the idle scew 4 1/2 turns from in like they say and the engine revs way more normal, but not all the way like it was, could it be burning the left over oil in the engine. I already put the 20:1 ratio in like you said. I also took out the spark plug cleaned it. It had black oil still gobbed on it. My needle is set at second from top. I live in sea level elevation. What else could it be. Thanks
You could turn your idle screw out more to set the idle where you want as it breaks in it will idle better!

You also may want to check for air leaks that can also cause high rpm at idle!But if turning out the idle screw gets the rpm to drop then your good!

if the plug stays black then lower the needle all the way and put in a leaner main jet

Back