Engine wont run, so confused

Is this a brand new bike? I just wanted to confirm, that when you say first ride it really is your first ride on this bike. And if it's your first ride, is it brand new?

Which kit exactly did you order? And I assume of course you did the install yourself?
Spark, Fuel, Compression. And unless you did a really sloppy and dirty install, your jet shouldn't be clogged since this is a new engine. If it were clogged, you won't be able see through the middle of the jet... I suspect this isn't the problem since you just installed it. As others have suggested, it would be best to go through the "no start condition" thread and after you've done so, come back and post results and we can further discuss and try to understand what's going on.
-Just double double checking that jet is matter of fact screwed in? Finger tight is the way to go with jets. Not overtight.

On the first ride the bike ran fine, but on the second ride it stalled and wont start. So naturally i checked spark, have it, then fuel, fuels getting to the carb, then compression, i have it, so what in the world is stopping this thing from running?? Oh yeah i read that sometimes a spark plug will spark outside of the cylinder but not inside, so I tried a different spark plug and there is spark.
be sure to run a filter in between the fuel tank and the carb.
sometimes these tanks (most all of the time) need to be cleaned/purged of the trash in side of them and the vibration of your engine will do that if you do not do that first.
clean the bowl and the jet and i think you will be back up and running around the neighborhood.

be sure to run a filter in between the fuel tank and the carb.
sometimes these tanks (most all of the time) need to be cleaned/purged of the trash in side of them and the vibration of your engine will do that if you do not do that first.
clean the bowl and the jet and i think you will be back up and running around the neighborhood.

There is a filter , The jet is now finger tight, yes I did the install my self, and I bought this kit off ebay, and the jet wasn't clogged

There is a filter , The jet is now finger tight, yes I did the install my self, and I bought this kit off ebay, and the jet wasn't clogged
then let's start from the beginning.
you're getting fuel from the tank to the carb yes?
when you go for a start up then stop is your spark plug wet? if not then you need to go back to your carb.
in my honest opinion, finger tight is a little too loose. use a screw driver, just don't try to over tighten.
thatsdax.com in the US if you are there.
check the little plug gizmo in your bowl. sometimes that gets clogged up.
it's got to be something simple, you'll get it ;)

Is any gas leaking from the carb if you leave the petcock on? Even if their is not you may have solved that prob. when you dis-assembled it for the jet. Is there raw fuel dripping from the exhaust. From what you are saying a case with to much liquid fuel laying in it would be something to eliminate as a possible cause.

yes there is fuel to the carb. I know this because I tried to start it several times in a row and it had gas in the cylinder, no gas leaks at all, even over night,

What did you use regarding gaskets... the ones the kit came with? Also just want to make sure your using the choke.
It's a little hard to guess the problem, with haven't much info to go by...

Back