Finally got it done!!

Here's my very first Motored bike, it's a Huansheng 4 stroke with the upgraded JL type gearbox.. the one with angle cut gears, with a 44 tooth rear sprocket, on a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser. I had a few problems, with fuel lines, spark plug wire, chain alignment etc, but now it runs and looks good (at least I think so) last night (well early this morning 4 am) I took it out for a nice 2 mile ride with absolutely no problems at all. I'm a little afraid of opening the throttle all the way up except while going uphill, on the flats it just seems too fast and I find myself easing up on the throttle, I don't think I had it above 1/2 throttle for most of the ride. Oh and Here's a pic of it :

Attachments

• ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 609
I would get a springer fork as well
I have a Jaguar (the exact same bike minus fenders and rack), it made my bike much more comfortable
spookytooth has 'em for 35-40 bucks in chrome and black

I have one on my bike. you will need to tighten the damper a little from the standard setting - 30mph needs tighter suspension settings than 15mph - and keep an eye on the toplink captive bolts - the nuts can work loose over time and then you get a very wobbly front end..

Jemma xx

Thats a 4 stroke?!
I have never heard of Huansheng and a search for it on the forums here only brings up this thread.

Probably because I typoed when typing the name and forgot to edit it, it's a HuaSheng motor... almost all the chinese built 4 stroke kits come with it.

Back