Gasket Templates for 48cc & 66cc Motorized Bicycle Engines

Don't over tighten the nuts or it will warp the flange of the muffler, use removable thread locker to keep the nuts right.

Always support the muffler at the discharge end to cut down vibration, I had a muffler crack at the weld of the body to head pipe because I didn't add a rear hanger.

You can buy a entry level torque wrench at harbor freight for less than $20, you really need one because it's easy to overtighten and warp the head. 14 foot pounds is all 8mm studs require, if you've been at for a while maybe but I would buy or borrow one.

Mr. Gasket makes a few different types of exhaust gasket sheet so ya can make your own exhaust gaskets.

Mr. Gasket makes a few different types of exhaust gasket sheet so ya can make your own exhaust gaskets.
Another way is what i do...my local lawnmower and 2 cycle sales/repair center has new, unused intake and exhaust gaskets for all sorts of 2 cycle applications that they keep in a 30 gallon trash bag...lol...they just let me pick and choose what im matching up when i need them and just give them away for free...DAMIEN

20201001_201103.jpg
20201001_201121.jpg

So I watched a video on YouTube from motorlife and he suggested to get a 02' Toyota highlander oxygen sensor gasket and use it as a exhaust gasket seems to work really good nomore leaks

Back