IMG_3852.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3855.jpeg
    IMG_3855.jpeg
    218.9 KB · Views: 56
kinda worried about the structural integrity though. im by no means light weight at all.
Neither am I...The bike weighs in at 80 to 90 pounds and my fat butt is another 217 pounds...lol.

Did you mean to stretch the right hand side and not the left hand side???...I stretched mine to accomadate a disk brake rotor on the left side of the bike along with the sprocket...What is it your trying to accomodate with a stretch???

If it is a steel frame it shouldn't be a problem with the amount of stretch that is see, Aluminum frames will be a problem as they WILL crack and break, and yes, it will be a little off kilter on one side.

I camoflaged the "look" of my off kilter with the use of my baskets and a rear deck carrier that has many adjustments to it where I give the optical illusion that everything is on square and all looks straight and true...lol.

My left side is out wider than my right side so the frame doesnt scrap against my brake rotor, everything still tracks very straight and firm down the road these last three years.

DSCN0230.JPG

This rear rack is adjusted in such a way along with the baskets and bag hooked to it to give the appearance of everything being even on both sides...lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Generies-Uni...Bike+Cargo+Racks&s=outdoor-recreation&sr=1-45

And there are many styles of bags carriers, both soft side or solid at Amazon.

These two links below will show you how I stretched mine out.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How many miles have you put on your bicycle frame these last three years, and how many total miles would you consider before replacing the frame? Thank you.

How many miles have you put on your bicycle frame these last three years, and how many total miles would you consider before replacing the frame? Thank you.
Are you asking about his huffy frame before the Hyper or the Hyper? If I remember right he had about 3000 on the huffy before it cracked and he has about 3000 on his hyper too

Neither am I...The bike weighs in at 80 to 90 pounds and my fat butt is another 217 pounds...lol.

Did you mean to stretch the right hand side and not the left hand side???...I stretched mine to accomadate a disk brake rotor on the left side of the bike along with the sprocket...What is it your trying to accomodate with a stretch???

If it is a steel frame it shouldn't be a problem with the amount of stretch that is see, Aluminum frames will be a problem as they WILL crack and break, and yes, it will be a little off kilter on one side.

I camoflaged the "look" of my off kilter with the use of my baskets and a rear deck carrier that has many adjustments to it where I give the optical illusion that everything is on square and all looks straight and true...lol.

My left side is out wider than my right side so the frame doesnt scrap against my brake rotor, everything still tracks very straight and firm down the road these last three years.

View attachment 196001

This rear rack is adjusted in such a way along with the baskets and bag hooked to it to give the appearance of everything being even on both sides...lol.

https://www.amazon.com/Generies-Uni...Bike+Cargo+Racks&s=outdoor-recreation&sr=1-45

And there are many styles of bags carriers, both soft side or solid at Amazon.

These two links below will show you how I stretched mine out.

i wanted to stretch the left side but the right side stretched more no matter what i did. it was pretty frustrating.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
i wanted to stretch the left side but the right side stretched more no matter what i did. it was pretty frustrating.
If you had notice the tool I had made with that parachute rip cord, depending what side the cord is on is the side that it would stretch out...Wish you had followed up on Gordy's suggestion earlier in this thread when he alerted you that I had made such a tool to do this...iI would have saved you this grief now.

@DAMIEN1307 has a good setup for stretching the rear dropouts.

And yep, I have 3000 miles on the Hyper...The Huffy frame crack and breakage was due to another problem entirely from where the factory had drilled two holes in the frame to hold an optional water bottle, that is where and why that frame got trashed, nothing to do with stretching though.

The Hyper is a much thicker tubing, heavier frame, vs a Huffy frame, it is much better made.

I honestly love the huffy frame. The only reason I went with the huffy fra.e is it was free, otherwise I would have bought a hyper cruiser. I still might buy the hyper cruiser and rebuild my bike to that.

If you had notice the tool I had made with that parachute rip cord, depending what side the cord is on is the side that it would stretch out...Wish you had followed up on Gordy's suggestion earlier in this thread when he alerted you that I had made such a tool to do this...iI would have saved you this grief now.

And yep, I have 3000 miles on the Hyper...The Huffy frame crack and breakage was due to another problem entirely from where the factory had drilled two holes in the frame to hold an optional water bottle, that is where and why that frame got trashed, nothing to do with stretching though.

The Hyper is a much thicker tubing, heavier frame, vs a Huffy frame, it is much better made.
i did that method you used on both sides and i swear i couldnt get the left stretched as much. also it was all for nothing lmao, the disc i had is a tad too small so i couldnt get the chain on with out the brake caliper hitting the chain and stopping it. clearance for everything was good except that. so i just reverted everything and slapped the rear side pull on. cant really be spending anymore money on it right now. think im just gonna save up and buy an entire new frame made for a motor with the wider end, mounts and built in tank and all that. theyre only a couple hundred bucks. never done any of this before so lessons have def been learned. at least i have some experience now

Back