Help me please

You probably do not have the pivot arm in the left side case where the bucking bar is actuated from positioned properly, and have it in 180 degrees reversed from how it should be in there...lol....You need to release the cable from the actuator arm at this point, then take off the left side clutch/bucking bar cover pullout that mechanism straight out of the case cover and put it back in so it looks like the bar that the cable goes into is facing away from the motor...It should only go in one of two ways and it is the opposite of what it should be right now.

After that you should be able to push in that bar towards the motor and feel resistance in doing so...You then want to push that bar towrds the motor again perpendicular to the motor and attach the cable again...It should look like this.

View attachment 171848
That's how mine use to look then it went from what I'm having now I'm trying to fix it pissing me off

That's how mine use to look then it went from what I'm having now I'm trying to fix it pissing me off
load a bowl...take a big hit...hold it in...after you let it out things should look better...if not lather rinse repeat....lol

I would pull the cover off anyways and check the pivot arm that is in the case for any excessive wear, especially if you never lubricated it with white lithium grease or Lucas red and tack grease, also check the bucking bar that goes into the clutch, it just pulls right out, and pull out the ball bearing inside that hole...The bucking bar hits that ball and it must not only be there, but also not flatened out or broken...It too should have been greased...You can pull out that ball bearing quite easily with a mechanics magnet, they are usually attached to a rod and should easily just pull that ball right out to inspect.

Don't Forgt to find that missing spring that is supposed to be on that clutch cable assembly...It really should be there for that little bit of reverse pressure to minimise wear and tear when the clutch is fully engaged driving down the road.

engine-0002.jpg

I'll send photos tomarroe of the cover off of the bucking bar I'll make sure the 8mm ball in there to and show you the clutch arm better hopefully you could help me fix this issue
Yep get us some pics 2mrow & we will help you resolve your clutch issues. Then once that is fixed, install new ngk spark plug.

i read these problems people have and think back when i built mine. the biggest ordeal i had was drilling the hole for the petcock in the weld that holds the tank halves together. everything else was pretty much straightforward and how it went together was pretty basic. so when i read someone read an installation manual and still has problems i have to wonder. ive always been one to walk myself through something mentally first and then do it. so if i dont understand something im not installing, uninstalling, installing etc. that leads to things being skipped or missed and sometimes worse.

No and no one stays running if I keep pedaling after I stop it shuts off I'm using the original spark plug with the motor and I never set the gap on the plug I just put the plug in bike used to run amazing before a couple days ago yes I turned on full check before I started it then once it starts going I turned off all the way down and then runs great
This sounds like the head bolts have come loose, four nuts beside the spark plug. Tighten them up, or at least put a wrench on them and check.
So as we're looking at that's without the clutch handle pulled in okay that's the only way it will grab how do I fix that problem if you wear it used to be back to normal as back into the middle of we will say the chain and I'm talking about the arm with the screw in it it used to be back really far to where the chain is located
View attachment 171846
To fix the clutch arm position, release the cable, remove the nut that holds the arm to the cover and pop the arm off and reposition to just outside the cover. If it doesn't hold that position, then it's broken.

This sounds like the head bolts have come loose, four nuts beside the spark plug. Tighten them up, or at least put a wrench on them and check.

To fix the clutch arm position, release the cable, remove the nut that holds the arm to the cover and pop the arm off and reposition to just outside the cover. If it doesn't hold that position, then it's broken.
dont forget to check and see if you put the 8mm ball in and make sure to grease the pivot arm...hopefully you havent already damaged the.

I would pull the cover off anyways and check the pivot arm that is in the case for any excessive wear, especially if you never lubricated it with white lithium grease or Lucas red and tack grease, also check the bucking bar that goes into the clutch, it just pulls right out, and pull out the ball bearing inside that hole...The bucking bar hits that ball and it must not only be there, but also not flatened out or broken...It too should have been greased...You can pull out that ball bearing quite easily with a mechanics magnet, they are usually attached to a rod and should easily just pull that ball right out to inspect.

Don't Forgt to find that missing spring that is supposed to be on that clutch cable assembly...It really should be there for that little bit of reverse pressure to minimise wear and tear when the clutch is fully engaged driving down the road.

View attachment 171852
That's what mine looks like I'm going to grease it up now

Back