HELP!!! My clutch keeps slipping!

Member 30059

Local time
7:24 AM
lol

is that an 80/85cc pipe reconfigured?

I have a KX65 pipe cut up and reconfigured with the first divergent cone from the SBP expansion chamber all welded together and it seems great.
I was wondering if the 85cc pipe will be better?

is that an 80/85cc pipe reconfigured?

I have a KX65 pipe cut up and reconfigured with the first divergent cone from the SBP expansion chamber all welded together and it seems great.
I was wondering if the 85cc pipe will be better?

Yes it is! I wouldnt suggest a larger chamber on a 66cc. It will move the power band way out, the kx65 is very well suited for our motors. This one, however, is an actual 80cc and at 14k RPM the 85 pipe is suited very well.

What tooth rear sprocket are you using? A few more teeth on the rear will help.

Gimme a break Ethan you aint' making no 18 hp!

A lower stage cylinder made 15 on the dyno. This is polinis flagship cast iron cylinder rated at 17.5 bolt on with an 19mm carb. 18hp is completely reasonable with this big pipe and bigger carb. I think you really under estimate these cylinders

You and Ryan think your making what the cylinder is capable of when it's set up on the intended engine with real pipe,ignition crank and so on and fail to realize the geometry is different and therefore your not making the power ya all think you are.As for your clutch the afore mentioned would help take some of the load off and if your turning 14k higher gearing is in your benifit anyway!

The geometry really isn't different. This pipe is tuned for peak power, the cases internal geometry is nearly identical to an am6 case as its design was based from it, and the ignition is very capable, the crank is the same geometry. The numbers are very very close to what they should be, if not greater than advertised. Just because it's not the original setup doesn't mean its not the same numbers, this has already been proven. There isn't anything special going on in the bottom end of an am6, it's quite basic in fact, all the magic happens in the cylinder. Gearing won't help this at all, a higher will just increase the load anyways. These clutches just arent capable of holding the power

Last edited:
A bigger gear would make your bike a little more prone to wheel slipping aka "burning out" or wheelies with a greater mechanical advantage to the front sprocket, which means it's less force to cause clutch slipping

Back