HoughMade 71- done for now?

Higher resolution pics coming, but these will get the point across....I'm tired, but not tired in the bike.

Wanted to have a better background (a sunny Indiana corn field), but its pretty rainy here. That also means I ain't taking for its first ride fully completed- some day I'll ride in the wet- but not the first ride!

I welcome questions about what I did and how.

Attachments

• Bike-9 099-2.jpg
    Bike-9 099-2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Bike-9 100-2.jpg
    Bike-9 100-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,572
  • Bike-9 101-2.jpg
    Bike-9 101-2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,012
slick

excellent refinements!!!i agree with the headlight looking more period correct,shes a beaut...:cool:

HoughMade, she's looking just gorgeous. I love the indicators and the horn. what sort of noise does the horn make? beep beep or Dooov Dooov?
I miss seeing the sprinsg on the springers though but under the saddle was never the place for the tool bag. The satchels look great too. does that front lamp light up the praries at night? Is it a real squirrel frazzler?
I like how you have got your exhaust to go the colour of a Ducati downpipe. Did you hit it with a gas torch?
Lastly who built that timder fence ouitside the brick building? I've never seen such a bulky timber fence and it's the sort of thing I'd expect ships to tie up at.
Great work and the best view is from three quarters from the front on the gearbox side. Girls will rub themselves up on your bike if you don't stop them

I agree about the rails in the picture. That's an old mill at county park that is on my way to work, so blame the government for the less that period correct construction (no surprise there).

As for the exhaust I remember reading an article, years ago, that showed a replica Ford GT40 with the "bundle of snakes" exhaust headers. It mentioned that the golden hue was the result of warm exhaust being repeatedly wiped down with WD40...so that's what I did after riding.

My youngest son refers to the horn as an "angry duck"..and that's what it sounds like- kind of a "GGRRRAAAAKKK!!!!!"

I got the tool bag in the bicycle section. It is made by Bell and is part of a group of accessories called "Cruisin'". There is a good looking seat that matches the bag, but I already had a seat.

Thank you

...and that mud on the tires is just to prove it's a "rider".

I can sell you aerosol cans of spray-on Australian red desert mud Houghmade so the ladies will know you are a real he-man type. It's called "Bruce's Bulldust" and retails for $600 a can!

Back