Long distance trips on motorized bicycles

Sharif

Local time
2:32 AM
Was wondering what are the limitations for these little 2 stroke china girl engines? Like overheating for example? should I take breaks?

Recently been planning on this 12km ride to the DMV in the next city, was wondering if I should take the bus or ride my bike?

It's only recently my bike stopped breaking down for magnitude of reasons and I managed to get it in a reliable state as I grow more with it and understand more about it bit by bit.

I drive 10 miles aka 16km multiple times a week, stop half way through and give it 15 to 30 min brake to let it cool off and I have yet to have a problem

This gives me time to let my butt relax, smoke a cig drink some water and check tightness of nuts and bolts and tire pressure in case I might of ran over something along with checking chain and other basic things.

I was riding 15 km at 45-60km/h with a 32 tooth sprocket combined with a gt5a China girl. I'd let her cool down and take off again. So far my problems are leaking seals, on both sides, and recently noticed 1 motor mount stud broke one

I rode 45 miles stretch once. On a vintage 27” road bike. First hemorrhoid.

f***

I’m way too young & healthy for that’s non sense. To be fair, my rear tire was shot. Not true...

Good crankshaft mandatory. 2.5-3” tires minimum. Get out of here with that 2” stuff.

I rode 45 miles stretch once. On a vintage 27” road bike. First hemorrhoid.

f***

I’m way too young & healthy for that’s non sense. To be fair, my rear tire was shot. Not true...

Good crankshaft mandatory. 2.5-3” tires minimum. Get out of here with that 2” stuff.
Take a camel along with you, you'll need it. One with 2 humps!

Take a camel along with you, you'll need it. One with 2 humps!
Well i'm in trouble

This is the only camel i got

I was riding my 30 cc friction drive to work, 74 miles round trip, (37 miles one way..) for a couple of weekends just for the hell of it.

On Hwy 101, one of it's more hillier sections between Coos Bay and Bandon. The route has 3, +500' high climbs and descents.

The bike was fine, I was the limiting factor as I was averaging about 16 mph and helping it a little on steeper hills. It was taking nearly two hours to make one leg of the trip. I was working 7 hours both weekends and I was coming home hammered. Much faster and easier on my 125cc motorcycle.

I'm pretty sure once you get the HT engine into a reliable state it will tend to stay running well, Remember to premix your fuel and oil in a precisely measured container with the right amount of oil. Check your plug every week while it's still breaking in. Always use either Lucas ethanol treatment for E-10 gas, or buy non ethanol fuel, (preferred..) Don't let your bike sit with old gas in it for more than a month.

Last edited:
I drive 10 miles aka 16km multiple times a week, stop half way through and give it 15 to 30 min brake to let it cool off and I have yet to have a problem

This gives me time to let my butt relax, smoke a cig drink some water and check tightness of nuts and bolts and tire pressure in case I might of ran over something along with checking chain and other basic things.
Thanks a bunch, that pretty much answered my question!

Back