Minarelli Builders Thread

So I built a new engine after reading about many of the other guys engines. I chose to use cheaper stuff when possible.
A lot of people here on MB.com helped either directly via message or by me reading their input on the forum. Cannonball3 was especially helpful. Big thanks to him. I'm pretty sure he'll be happy I'm done....I won't be pestering him quite as much for info.
Thanks to everyone here for contributing their experiences building these bikes. This is a great site. People are not afraid to share their knowledge. Hopefully I can do the same for others in the future.
This engine is fun but it's not a kids toy. It tachs up fast and keeps on pulling.
Is that a frankenjog pipe?

I used the three items below with a VM20 carb and a vertical style cylinder

Pics of cylinder would help us see what you got & what we might be looking to find.
Screenshot 2022-05-17 1.37.25 PM.png

Pics of cylinder would help us see what you got & what we might be looking to find.
here's a pic of the intake on the cylinder

It's dio reeds. says in the description. He's buying from smolik most likely.
My question is how come bolt pattern is not centered over intake port of cylinder? Am I missing something? Because the 4bolt pattern on that cylinder definitely looks to be dio bolt pattern. Is there some sort of adapter plate that's got to be used?

Back