Minarelli Builders Thread

Head looks good. I think I’d mount it tallest forward and fins running front to back.

I see some of the Minarelli kits with fins running cross ways. Made me wonder if it’s because of the way the engine is mounted in a scooter and the fins end up front to back?
Scots usually have a fan for forced cooling

Head looks good. I think I’d mount it tallest forward and fins running front to back.

I see some of the Minarelli kits with fins running cross ways. Made me wonder if it’s because of the way the engine is mounted in a scooter and the fins end up front to back?
Alot of times the scoots turn the head sideways cause there forced air cooled. They got a plastic external fan that bolts to crankshaft. Fun fact!

Cannon…is that head going on the Athena kit 070100?
Yeah, was waiting on the head before tearing down the cast iron build. Interested to see how it was holding up. Was none to kind to it. I assume the 47.6 bore wont interfere with it too much.

The literature on the 070100 kit states the compression ratio of 15.3:1 and recommends 96 octane fuel.

Pipe sounds like fire crackers popping. 🙂

I’m running the stock kit head, 93 octane, and the temp is consistently around 180*

At first I thought this kit was less powerful than the iron jug. Not so… this kit really starts hitting good at about 7,000 rpm’s.
It likes to make power revving high.
Now I need a better clutch. It’ll slip when the pipe kicks it on.

Thinking of trying this…

I have this clutch for the Athena build with the RDM crank in the Zeda cases. If the crank ever shows. Will just throw the Athena top end on the current build to work out the details and add the clutch in the future with the RDM crank build.

Back