Minarelli Builders Thread

So I will add the band was still climbing, dont know for how long but it wasnt all in. I backed out thinking what might happen to these aged bones if something on the bike gave up. The mental picture wasnt pretty, especially in sandals and shorts!
Cannonball3 did you by any chance look at rpm range while making some runs. I'm just curious what rpms were doing. What's your rpm at say 20mph & what is rpm's doing from 40mph when pipe hits & rpm's at 52mph? You damn guys going to make me spend more money!!!🤣😂🤣

I think your engine has more in it if you keep it pinned but I do not suggest doing it. It’s good to know it’s there though.
A 30-35 cruise is humming low and could probably drain a whole tank with no issues.
The thing I like is my temps are never above 185F at the cylinder/head.

I really start backing off…lose my nerve…at around 45 but the momentum from the climb puts me around 48-49 and I’m absolutely sure there’s a lot more in it. The bike starts feeling very light above 45.
Shorts, sandals, and a $30 skate board helmet will do it to you.

Cannonball3 did you by any chance look at rpm range while making some runs. I'm just curious what rpms were doing. What's your rpm at say 20mph & what is rpm's doing from 40mph when pipe hits & rpm's at 52mph? You damn guys going to make me spend more money!!!🤣😂🤣
At 40 I’m turning about 7500 and I’ve run it up to 9800 but only logged 49 with the clutch slipping. This set up will turn over 10000 on a 38T sprocket.

Also… I’m running PGN bearings on the crank. Supposed to be rated to 23k

I am fairly sure cannons engine and mine are almost identical. I copied most of his set up. Only thing I’m unsure of is the stroke. I have a CDH 40mm stroke and I’m not sure if cannon has the 38 or 40

DT go with what Nick is calculating, we are both running 38t and Hookworms. The speeds\rpms should be similar.
I am running a 38mm stroke. The 40mm stroke Zeda crank had more snap but was unbalanced so I had to back out in the low 40s. I think a 40mm stroke makes more power probably. Nick and I are running same carb with similar jetting. Im leaner on the pilot. Same on main, 110/.22. The difference I would imagine may be in our stroke and how we modded the jog. I bet these engines would rock on more with a pipe specific to. 70cc instead of the modded 50cc jog.

So now Im really doubting seeing the RDM crank. Here is a response from the RDM ebay store where I have purchased
two items previously. As I have no other way to contact, dont do social media like FB etc, I went thru their store.
Here is the response:

Attachments

• 64ABBE10-A2D4-41E0-8ED9-0EAB91DA3E64.png
    64ABBE10-A2D4-41E0-8ED9-0EAB91DA3E64.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 107
So now Im really doubting seeing the RDM crank. Here is a response from the RDM ebay store where I have purchased
two items previously. As I have no other way to contact, dont do social media like FB etc, I went thru their store.
Here is the response:
You might remember this that I wrote here in the forums a couple of months ago...There are many reasons why both RDM and Smolik as well as "Bianchi" and his Zeda Motor Sports/Zeda mafia are no longer here or welcome anymore...It is very possible that E-Bay removed RDM as a "trusted vendor" as well since those three mentioned above have made it a very bad habit of ripping off our members as well as their other customers.

And then there are these that I and others have wrote about as well...RDM and the other two I have previously mentioned above are NOT trusted members or vendors here any longer, and are not recommended nor tolerated here either.

Thanks for the reply, and the links Damien. The money is no small sum to loose, but could have been worse, at least
I got the head. Not going to worry about it, chalk it up as a lesson learned. Should have been more wary of a vendors website that has no contact info. Hopefully others will learn from my “lesson”!

Back