Engine Trouble Minarelli Possible Engine Seizure

Are you running the stock CG ignition?....., stock CDI & stock magnet/key?

A minerelli stock plug is a ngk B8-9 HS but I'm not 100% about that

Although I haven't seen it yet, I think the spark plug might be fouled. It was a cheap chinese plug that came with my yd100 than I ran that for 6 months then I put it in there, Because my low range throttle isnt tuned and I was runing low range throtte (rich), It could have fouled the plug. It wasn't instant, like the bike was riding normal but when i yanked it to WOT it would rev high put randomly stop like I was pushing in the kill switch. I pray it was a fouled plug, sorry to keep posting I'll get some photos as soon as my friend can give me a ride. Today im busy, Ill be looking at my bike for 15-20 minutes then I have to run to my others friends house to build his pc
If it rev's high, you had a lean condition. When clutch is pulled in it should never rev to the moon, should always have a dirty rev. I know a lot of these guys love to tune it clean reving, but that is just not how a 2 stroke works. An also why you don't see them come back here after they destroy their engines they bragged about and talked trash to us long time members over. We warn them, then they do it anyway, and call these engines junk. My second engine still goes strong like bran new, and I beat the living snot out of it. Thousands of mile, beating the snot out of it like a redheaded step child in the 1700's. Trashed the frame many times, and the drive train, motor runs perfect. Always, always, always tune rich, you'll save a lot of money losing that 2mph than you will tuning it to sound clean and run with no 4 stroking. Always, always, tune rich.

Back