Motorized Bike Bulls**t: Things your builds do that piss you off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I ride a pocket bike motor now I started with a stock one got 50kmh out of the box now I got a hp 49cc one and get 64kmh nice hot rod but not an everyday ride for a s**t motor it's made so nice comperd to the 66cc and shows 4 hp and 12000 rev no rough edges in side just all round better workmanship

I forgot to ask but could you post some good pictures of you pocket bike motor on your bike? I want to see how you mounted it and if you could explain the process. If it's doable for me I may just pick up a super cheap parts bike for under 50 bucks and use the motor from it.

Correct, the actual measured 70cc Jilln Zeda 2-stroke auto oil bath-clutch combo pull/electric start kit.

It's pretty nice as far as improvements like a generator to support a 12V system, 4-bolt engine mounts front and rear and larger 1 gallon gas tank, but it is as wide as a 4-stroke system.

I got mine running with just the pull start and let my helper take it home over the weekend for testing.
We will get the battery mounted today but this how it sat Friday.

70ccL-1280.jpg

70ccR-1280.jpg

The big black box on the side is for all the electronics.

NOTE!
BB's kits, like mine, don't come with a battery so you won't have electric start until you buy a 12V battery and hook it up yourself!

Also note my sample was sent as a single unit air, BB is buying a cargo container full, pre-selling them, and they not EPA legal for import.

I have no problem dealing with pre-orders, but you might want to wait until they hit shore and clear customs first is all I'm saying as I asked them all about it and sure have my doubts about them.

This is really a dream come true this looks like the engine I've always wanted to see and what I wish they where from the start. I looked these up on Bikeberry but the info in these engines is very limited but they have added a bit more info since I last looked.

I hope someone does a build video and a engine teardown so I can see what's inside. Since you seem to have one I'll ask you a few things about it.

Does this engine have any internal automatic gearbox, it was not uncommon for older 2 stroke mopeds to have two speed gear boxes so it would be a welcome addition.

I see that the engine includes a 12V alternator so I assume this will charge the battery and be able to power headlights, taillight and turn signals. Is the power much greater or more consistent than the much older engines?

I would expect it to ride and coast much better considering the engine has a centrifugal clutch from what I understand another welcome addition.

Do you need to install a wide pedal kit to fit the larger width of the engine, like you said it is on par for the 4 stroke kits and it looks like they include the wide pedal adapter in the kits.

Is that top cylinder all one piece or am I just not seeing the top cap like the other motors. anyways that's all I could think to ask I hope you can answer my questions and if you think there is anything we should know before buying one of these new kits I'd love to hear it. Also great picture you build looks great as usual KC.

I forgot to ask but could you post some good pictures of you pocket bike motor on your bike? I want to see how you mounted it and if you could explain the process. If it's doable for me I may just pick up a super cheap parts bike for under 50 bucks and use the motor from it.
yeah I got bike just like super cheap has rode it a bit everything broke. So I cut off the Mount plate under the motor and welded it on a bike. or a 4 stroke mount will work no modifieding at all but you need to change the sprocket on the transfer box to fit a 415 chain or whatever chain you got. No back spin needed it pedals with no resistance from the motor

Attachments

• DSC_0115.JPG
    DSC_0115.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 228
Me me too bent axles and rear bearings
fine tune tire pressure.

they are thebest shock absorbers & add no weight or cost.

I learned on a down tensioned 25cc friction drive, which slammed down on bumps. I needed a balance between grip and cushioning. a few pounds less mattered a lot.

a single sprocket & narrow rear forks would make for a shorter stronger axle of course.

Same for me I love these motors but some times no matter what you are starting with rubbish to make gold out of some times its gold out the box
In english we say

You cant make a silk purse out of a sow(pig)s ear.

This is really a dream come true this looks like the engine I've always wanted to see and what I wish they where from the start.

I finished it up and gave it to Joe to ride.

70ccDoneR-1280.jpg

He loves it and put a LOT of miles on it ;-}

Does this engine have any internal automatic gearbox, it was not uncommon for older 2 stroke mopeds to have two speed gear boxes so it would be a welcome addition.

No gearbox, it's single speed.

I see that the engine includes a 12V alternator so I assume this will charge the battery and be able to power headlights, taillight and turn signals. Is the power much greater or more consistent than the much older engines?

I haven't put lights on it yet, but the power is more than enough to keep the battery charged and start the engine.

I would expect it to ride and coast much better considering the engine has a centrifugal clutch from what I understand another welcome addition.

Oil bath centrifugal clutch. Yes it's awesome and it coasts great.
Just hop on, press the start button, and gibe it throttle and your on way without ever pedaling.

Do you need to install a wide pedal kit to fit the larger width of the engine, like you said it is on par for the 4 stroke kits and it looks like they include the wide pedal adapter in the kits.

I really don't remember what the BB parts were...
I didn't use it, I like sealed cartridge pedal axles even though it's not a shifter..

Is that top cylinder all one piece or am I just not seeing the top cap like the other motors.
Also great picture you build looks great as usual KC.

The jug and head are one piece.
Hope that helps.

So speed better then a 66cc or same but gets there better. Do you think it needs tuning or grate out the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back