Obtaining License Plate For Motorized Bicycle

OK ya got the 230 M/B form. Fill out sections 1, 2 and 5 only

Section 1
V ID# - serial # on your bike frame

Engine Number - Z66 (example) if ya got a zelda 66cc put Z66 for the engine number
Or make up your own engine number and stamp or engrave it on your engine

Make - put the make of bike ya got (example) Schwinn

California license plate - Leave this blank

Model - Cruiser

Section 2 answer YES to all questions /name address etc...

Section 5 - sign and date

Send to the address on form and include $23 It's gonna take 4 - 6 weeks to get your plate in the mail

The $23 is a one time fee, There is no inspection they don't even want to see your bike.
They trust you to give them the correct info. They just want your $23 :ROFLMAO:
1642042733709.png

I am a bit confused by CA's description of a "moped". It is defined as being human powered or powered by "Electrical Energy" Where does it say anything about a GAS MOTOR? Their website has the same definition:

• Also known as a motorized bicycle, a moped has 2-3 wheels and an electric motor with an automatic transmission that produces less than 4 gross brake horsepower.

In Florida there is a specific distinction between a " GAS motor bike and and E (Electrical engine bike).

View attachment 164194

I am a bit confused by CA's description of a "moped". It is defined as being human powered or powered by "Electrical Energy" Where does it say anything about a GAS MOTOR? Their website has the same definition:

• Also known as a motorized bicycle, a moped has 2-3 wheels and an electric motor with an automatic transmission that produces less than 4 gross brake horsepower.

In Florida there is a specific distinction between a " GAS motor bike and and E (Electrical engine bike).
Ah the wonderful gray area's!!!😜🤣🤔

View attachment 164194

If ya ever move to CA. I'll help you figure it out then OK

I take they go off your return address to verify you live in CA. What's to say I dont?
While I don't think ya need to have a CA. D/L to get a plate. I think ya need a CA. address for them to send ya a plate.
I can get you a CA. Moped plate if ya really want one.

Fill out the 230 form with your info on it and PM it to me Then I'll put my address on it and sign your name.
You'll owe me $23 for the plate, make it $25 so I can mail it to you.

BTW what state do you live in ?

While I don't think ya need to have a CA. D/L to get a plate. I think ya need a CA. address for them to send ya a plate.
I can get you a CA. Moped plate if ya really want one.

Fill out the 230 form with your info on it and PM it to me Then I'll put my address on it and sign your name.
You'll owe me $23 for the plate, make it $25 so I can mail it to you.
Lol I'll do that! I think it would be cool to have for my bike. Thanks.😎👍

Lol I'll do that! I think it would be cool to have for my bike. Thanks.😎👍
If ya click on that 230 form M/B link you can fill it out on line and send it to me. Use your name and address so I'll have it
I'll fill out another form and send it in OK

Back